VOB or M2V file into Sony Vegas for editing?

vbimport

I have a corporate DVD that I need to edit in Sony Vegas.
Using DVD Decrypter I have created a VOB file of the 25 minute film.
This is an MPEG2 file, and when I change the filename extension to MPG, and insert it into Sony Vegas, the video file is altered. The video is a repeating loop of the first 90 seconds of the the 25 minute file.
I also tried DVD Decrypter to Demux the DVD into an M2V video file, and this time Sony doesn’t recognize the format and can’t open this file when I change the file extension to MPG or MPEG.
Any thoughts?

PS Don’t worry about the audio I have a seperate file for that, just trying to get the video out of this DVD.

This link may answer your questions.
http://forum.videohelp.com/search.php?mode=results

look for editing dvd

If you’re familiar with AV formats and the nuances of elementary streams, Project X is the best program to reliably demux problematic MPEG2 program streams to ES and remove errors.

It’s a Java app, but there’s a ready-compiled .exe version on the videohelp.com site that will most likely work.

Thanks for the help. I used Project X, but it seemed to only give me M2V files, which I could not use in Vegas. Through videohelp.com I came across VOB2MPG, and that seemed to do the trick for me. Thanks for your responses and input!