.vob files to ntsc / burning video_TS files

vbimport

I am trying to copy a video_TS folder, which contains .vob, .ifo and .bup files, onto a DVD+ RW disk (which has worked on my stand alone DVD players so it is not the disk). I usually have AVi files which I convert and then am able to play on my DVD player. When using Ashampoo burning studio’s “burn a video DVD from a prepared folder” option to burn the Video_TS folder, my DVD player says that it doesn’t recognize the disk format or wrong disk format (can’t remember which) . In short what should I use to burn a DVD, so that I Can watch it on my TV, when I have video_Ts folders available?

Use IMGBurn in build mode on your VIDEO_TS folder…
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f153/how-use-imgburn-build-mode-user-guide-222793/

What program do you use to convert these AVI files to DVD format :confused:
Some freeware conveter programs like DVDflick has a project setting for PAL or NTSC
But without knowing more detail about the programs used it be hard to pin point the problem :frowning:

t0nee1: I am assuming that when I burn the DVD using imgburn I can play it on a regular player?

StormJumper: I used Ashampoo burning studio to burn the video_TS files. I do not have a problem with converting AVI files it is burning and playing on my TV video_ts files that I am having trouble with.

Never said you had a problem with converting :disagree:
Will keep my 2 cents to myself :smiley:
Have a nice weekend :cool:

What media are you using? try different media. I personally never use RW,but that’s just me…does it play in any other standalone?..
Also try with FAVC or as Storm mentioned DVDFlick for avi files to DVD ,try them.
just my 2.5 cents…:slight_smile:

I have my Video_ts folder which contains .vob, .bup,.ifo files. Unfortunately these are from Italy and thus PAL. I would like to convert these to NTSC do I convert these before I burn them to a DVD, if so, with what program? Or do I burn them to a DVD and then convert the DVD?

[QUOTE=godfather_77;1997008]I have my Video_ts folder which contains .vob, .bup,.ifo files. Unfortunately these are from Italy and thus PAL. I would like to convert these to NTSC do I convert these before I burn them to a DVD, if so, with what program? Or do I burn them to a DVD and then convert the DVD?[/QUOTE]

Like I said in post #3 in your other thread

[QUOTE=StormJumper;1996401] [B]DVDflick has a project setting for PAL or NTSC[/B] :([/QUOTE]

It is free and should do what you want
of course you did give me a reply stating you know how to convert

AGAIN…Just my 2 cents :cool:

stormjumper, i was probably not very clear in my other post I did not realize that the reason I was not able to play my burned DVD was because I was doing something wrong or using the wrong program. I now realize that the original files were from a PAL DVD. So in way you anticipated the answer to this thread in my previous thread :slight_smile: I will download the DVDflick program an hopefully i can use that to burn and change formats(PAL to NTSC) in one shot. thanks for the info

[QUOTE=godfather_77;1997035]stormjumper, i was probably not very clear in my other post I did not realize that the reason I was not able to play my burned DVD was because I was doing something wrong or using the wrong program. I now realize that the original files were from a PAL DVD. So in way you anticipated the answer to this thread in my previous thread :slight_smile: I will download the DVDflick program an hopefully i can use that to burn and change formats(PAL to NTSC) in one shot. thanks for the info[/QUOTE]

No problem my friend, just trying to help another fellow member :bigsmile:

@godfather_77: please don’t create additional threads on the same problem. Let’s keep it all in one here :wink:

[I]Two threads merged.[/I]

[QUOTE=imkidd57;1997045]@godfather_77: please don’t create additional threads on the same problem. Let’s keep it all in one here :wink:

[I]Two threads merged.[/I][/QUOTE]

Thanks Mike does make it easy this way :cool: