VLC player and Imageburn problem

When I play music on vlc player and use imageburn to create an image or burn a disc the sound get all distorted and cracks up. I am just wondering if someone knows why this is happening. Is it because the burning takes too much resources or some kind of irq problem or something?

My cpu is a AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ and the burner is a Benq DW1655

[QUOTE=Adina;2136285]When I play music on vlc player and use imageburn to create an image or burn a disc the sound get all distorted and cracks up. I am just wondering if someone knows why this is happening. Is it because the burning takes too much resources or some kind of irq problem or something?

My cpu is a AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ and the burner is a Benq DW1655[/QUOTE]

Beside those few specs what is your complete specs would help as well? That sounds like bad media or doing too many multitask when burning in my mind is a receipe for bad burns.

ImgBurn creates a log, could you please post it, it might tell us something.

Agree. A log would be most helpful.

Sounds like a media/burning too fast/or just plain too much going on in the background while burning. A log would confirm or deny this.

[QUOTE=beef barley;2136322]ImgBurn creates a log, could you please post it, it might tell us something.[/QUOTE]
The OP didn’t say there was a problem with the burn. It appears that he can’t listen to music on VLC (“the sound get all distorted and cracks up”) [B]while [/B]burning.

As Coolcolors as stated multitasking while ripping and burning is not a good thing to do, you are over working your system and will get a poor burn results in the process.

BTW nice drive/burner…have two myself .

[/B]

[quote=cynthia_old;2136479]The OP seems to use a program named Imageburn, different from ImgBurn. If that program creates a log, no idea.[B][B] :)[/B][/B]
[/quote]
If you do a search for Imageburn you will come up with the same result…they are one and the same.
Have a nice day :flower: