VLC issue..with dvd menu?

if i use VLC to playback a dvd that i removed warnings etc from…it skips the menus and starts playing the dvd…if i dont remove warnings etc. it starts with the menu…so what do i need to change in vlc?

[QUOTE=Blodulv;1945705]if i use VLC to playback a dvd that i removed warnings etc from…it skips the menus and starts playing the dvd…if i dont remove warnings etc. it starts with the menu…so what do i need to change in vlc?[/QUOTE]

What version of VLC are you using? I use VLC but I don’t recall much menu option?? What is the format that your using?? But I just play mostly VLC files only and some quicktime…

VLC doesn’t play the menu’s like your normal dvd player does. It just plays them like it was a videofile. You can select any option while it plays.

I suggest ripping just the movie and play it in VLC. You can select the audio and video source in the VLC player. Did you know VLC can also handle DVD Video ISO files? :slight_smile:

no i didnt know vlc could handle iso files :slight_smile: i mainly use vlc to play avi files and just to check to see if my backup looks ok after i remove some stuff…i’m using 0.8.6c. So i either just gotta select the dvd menu after the dvd starts or not remove the stuff lol (if i wanna use vlc lol)?

Just rip the main movie contents and make an iso of it. You don’t need the menu. The menu will play as a movie.

If I remember right I think your VLC player is a older copy I think they have like version 2 or so out now…