Vista's obnoxious open/close

So a search for “sony” and “vista” in these forums don’t turn up a lot, but I’m not discouraged. If there’s any place on the net where my question can be answered, it’s here!

Ever since I purchased and installed Vista Ultimate, my DVD player has been acting strange. It still burns fine, but at the end of a burn, when Nero should eject it, the drive opens, closes, opens, closes, opens, closes - 3 or 4 times! It finally ends with the thing closed.

I thought it was Vista and Nero not playing nice, and maybe it is, but I think I recall it doing this even when I just pressed “eject.” It’s kind of humorous, I suppose; it taunts me with it open, I go to grab it and it suddenly starts to close. But the joke’s on it, though, as sometimes I manage to get the disc halfway out before it starts to close, and then it gets stuck and HAS to spit it back out.

Thanks if any of you could lend your genius!

Frustrated,

Teddy

PS - Device Manager says this is a SONY DVD RW DRU-800A ATA Device
PPS - Should I use that omni-flasher program? It sounds so cool, and yet so dangerous for a noob at the same time. :slight_smile:

I’m also running Vista Ultimate with Nero and haven’t seen the behaviour you describe…I know this is not much help, but I’m betting against a Vista/Nero cause.