Vista Users With DVDFab

I purchased a new computer that has Vista. I’m useing version 5.0.8.5 and DVDFab is freezing my computer when I click on Start. I have to punch the power switch to get out. This just started with this version. I started out with other versions and had no trouble. Also have used this version with no trouble, till now. I forgot, I’m useing the Gold version. Have not updated to the latest version as it shows changes for the moble option which is not part of Gold. Is there something in Vista that DEFab does not like or the other way around.

Thanks

I have been using Vista on my HP computer for a year and a half now and i have not had any problems. Try doing a complete clean install of DVDFAB and see how that goes.

[QUOTE=camper913;2125610]I purchased a new computer that has Vista. I’m useing version 5.0.8.5 and DVDFab is freezing my computer when I click on Start. I have to punch the power switch to get out. This just started with this version. I started out with other versions and had no trouble. Also have used this version with no trouble, till now. I forgot, I’m useing the Gold version. Have not updated to the latest version as it shows changes for the moble option which is not part of Gold. Is there something in Vista that DEFab does not like or the other way around.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

also make sure that in your dep list dvdfab is listed as an exception. see system, advanced system settings, data execuction prevention(DEP).

SLOVEHEART, DVDFab is listed with a check mark. It is listed 2 times, is this correct. Has a check mark at top to disable. Am I ok.

Tip when installing s/w.
Right click program .exe & Run as Administrator. (This might only apply [work] if using Ultimate version.)
I haven’t had any problems with either 32 or 64 bit.

Do you mean to right click on program and then click on Run As, I don’t see run as Administrator.

Sorry Soulsurvivor, I missed the run as Adm. Thanks for the tip.

You should install and run as administrator. DVDFab5 and DVDFabConsole should be on the DEP list with checkmarks if you have the mobile option.

[QUOTE=camper913;2126282]SLOVEHEART, DVDFab is listed with a check mark. It is listed 2 times, is this correct. Has a check mark at top to disable. Am I ok.[/QUOTE]

that should work, it usually get’s added by default, just though it was worth a look… good luck, many folks here will give good advice…:cool: