Vista Questions

I have put on Vista on my secondary system. So far I hate it but want to work with it a few weeks.

Every time I start an install I have to give a confirmation, how can I turn that off?

Video drivers, I have a ATI x300, seems to act like it installs the drivers but doesn’t, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I don’t think your alone on this part from various sites I read and seen in reviews people have expressed your very concern on that problem…I think you might have to wait for Vista SP1 to see if this resolves your problem otherwise you will have to contact MS to see what they can do to help your fix or go back to where you bought it and find out what they can do to help your situation??? But also from what I read even brand new hardware and software setups have problem with Vista…which is wasn’t suppose to have problems with…but I don’t know for sure as I am sticking with XP pro and waiting for SP3 to replace my SP2 package…for long as I can…

Hi :slight_smile:
Although I haven’t bothered disabling it personally.
You could start with disabling UAC.
Go Control Panel > User Accounts > Turn User Account Control on or off > Uncheck box & click OK.
Whilst I don’t feel you need these step by step explanations. Some ‘onlookers’ may. :bigsmile:

Hi :slight_smile:
coolcolors, I have both 32 & 64 bit versions of Vista Ultimate.
Run both without any problems.
It is mainly just the case that many options are accessed differently, so might take some getting used too.
That said I have built my current setup with Vista in mind. Which more than likely aids to the smooth running setup I now have.

Thank You!!!

Things are working much better over the past few hours of playing around.

Got the video drivers installed (3rd times the charm I guess)

Working pretty well now

thanks again

[QUOTE=zebadee;1937586]Hi :slight_smile:
Although I haven’t bothered disabling it personally.
You could start with disabling UAC.
Go Control Panel > User Accounts > Turn User Account Control on or off > Uncheck box & click OK.
Whilst I don’t feel you need these step by step explanations. Some ‘onlookers’ may. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

[quote=MegaDETH;1937647]Thank You!!!

Things are working much better over the past few hours of playing around.

Got the video drivers installed (3rd times the charm I guess)

Working pretty well now

thanks again[/quote]With UAC on you have to run things as administrator otherwise they don’t install properly