Vista problem

vbimport

I can’t get the latest version to start.
When I start the program it loads and then freezes while displaying scanning media. It then just stays there and can’t be closed, I finally get the program has stoppind responding msg and I end the program. After I close the program I can’t start any other programs until I reboot, I’ve removed everything recommended and reinstalled but still the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

[QUOTE=wingdam;2013683]I can’t get the latest version to start.
When I start the program it loads and then freezes while displaying scanning media. It then just stays there and can’t be closed, I finally get the program has stoppind responding msg and I end the program. After I close the program I can’t start any other programs until I reboot, I’ve removed everything recommended and reinstalled but still the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Hi wingdam
Welcome to the forum,…sorry you are have this trouble :frowning:
when you say "I’ve removed everything recommended " by who :confused:
Try doing a “Clean uninstall” not the normal unistall,…look below in my signature you will find the steps for Vista after you do the registry clean make sure you re-download a new install package don’t use the one you have already downloaded it may have gotten corrupt during the download.
After you install and re-enter your registration key and the program opens…open common settings and click on PathPlayer on the left you will want to select “Disable” for PathPlayer unless you plan on using the jump to feature

I have done all that, which is what I meant by “everything reccommended” it freezes at start with scanning media msg.
you can’t go any further than that.

[QUOTE=wingdam;2014201]I have done all that, which is what I meant by “everything reccommended” it freezes at start with scanning media msg.
you can’t go any further than that.[/QUOTE]

If disabling PathPlayer does not work check the disc for fingerprints and/or scratches,…do you have this problem with any other DVDs :confused:

Is DMA enabled?

I have the problem with no disk in the drive or with a disk in the drive. I cannot disable pathplayer as the program freezes on start.

I have a internal and external drive and it makes no difference if the external drive is connected or not.

[QUOTE=wingdam;2014431]I have the problem with no disk in the drive or with a disk in the drive. I cannot disable pathplayer as the program freezes on start.

I have a internal and external drive and it makes no difference if the external drive is connected or not.[/QUOTE]

Try NOT putting a disc in,…just open DVDFab without a disc in the drive it will not have anything to scan to freeze on you then open common settings and disable PathP;ayer.
If you still get the No Disc message go into Device Manager and uninstall the drive …and then reboot, windows will re-install the drive

I have exactly the same problem under Vista business !!!:frowning:

Goerges

I am not getting a no disc nsg I meant it happens with both a disk in the drive or with the drive empty.
I did all the above and the problem coninues.

[QUOTE=wingdam;2014987]I am not getting a no disc nsg I meant it happens with both a disk in the drive or with the drive empty.
I did all the above and the problem coninues.[/QUOTE]

I have been using DVDFab Platinum on my 2 vista machines one is 64 bit & one is 32 bit. Both are Home Premium and I have not had any problem getting it to run. I have picked up all the fixes from MicroShaft for the OS though because there are quit a few compatibility fixes out and a lot more to come in SP1 when it gets released. I suggest you run Windows Update and get all available patches and try again. If that does not fix your problem try getting the latest drivers for your hardware on your computer. One last thing you can try is Download a copy of TuneUp Utilities 2008 http://www.tune-up.com/ and run the Reg repair tools it may fix you problem. You can run it for 30 days in trial mode and all the tools work.

Important: Please Be sure you Have a BACKUP of your computer just in case anything goes wrong.

Ok, for me , it was a problem with the dvds…

DVDFab Platinum works great on Vista Home Premium (one of the few programs that does!). One thing I did to make life a bit easier is to disable all media from installing/reading when a disk is placed in the DVD Drive. Vista tries to ‘help’ with needless dialogs – It’s far better to turn them off.

• Shootz

PS With new drivers coming out all the time, scrambler gives some sound advice.