Vista launch likely to boost optical disc drive sales

I just posted the article Vista launch likely to boost optical disc drive sales.

With Vista set to be shipped on PCs next year, Taiwanese optical disc drive manufacturers expect to increased business for both optical disc drives and pre-recorded discs according to this DigiTimes…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12768-Vista-launch-likely-to-boost-optical-disc-drive-sales.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12768-Vista-launch-likely-to-boost-optical-disc-drive-sales.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

If standard drives are considered half-height, what kind of monstrosity is a full height expansion drive? I can’t even remember such a thing as far back as the early 90s.

The fact that Vista (any version) can only be installed 2 times (legally), like if you update too much hardware, or put it on another machine, after that, they expect you to buy it again. May turn out to be a turn-off, should most people find out about it. Read the EULA.

I won’t upgrade until I see a real benefit to it…I’m sure many feels the same…I mean…Why put on a new dress when you’re just getting comfortable on this one…

the EULA has changed because of bad reactions (The fact that Vista (any version) can only be installed 2 times (legally), like if you update too much hardware, or put it on another machine, after that, they expect you to buy it again. ) But I do not think vista is the reason for increase sales in optical drive

Bah! I guess this is a first? A OS which requires new graphic cards just to make use of all the functionality? XP is more than enough. Even if, in the future M$ drops support for it, a good firewall, Firefox and good security habits should be enough to keep malware at bay. I stopped updating my XP months ago. Tired of the constant bug fixes. :r

DX10 will only be available for Vista, so there will soon be games that requires to have Vista installed. Including DX10 for XP would have been way too hard, since there was a lot of changes in this version. Of course, if you don’t play games, you won’t need Vista for a long time