Vista Error message pop up

vbimport

My computer is: Hewlett-Packard, Windows Vista,64-bit,4.00 GB,AMD Phenom™ 91501e@uad-Core Processor 1.80GHz

I turned on my computer and Error message pop up " failed to connect to System event notification service".

I tried looking on the web to see if I could fix the problem, but since I’ve had help with this forum in the past I thought to ask here,

I looked at the following on my computer, and saved log like this post suggested from some other web-site .

Right click My Computer and click manage, up will pop up a computer management window, in that window double click Services and Applications and then click Services.

In the list of services scroll down to “System Event notification” and double click it. The properties for this Service will then display.

Make sure the start up type is set to Automatic and make sure the Service status is set to Started.

After you have done this click “Event Viewer” in the far top left of the screen and click “System”. This will bring up the logging of events in which have happened on your machine. This can help us determine whats causing the error.

So click “Action” on the top toolbar and click “Save log files as,” save it somewhere and then upload it in your next post. Do not copy and paste it.

Please let me know if more is needed. Ugh when I tried to upload file it said invaild file.