Vista Does (Not) Suck

vbimport

So why? Here is my guess. There are two big differences between Vista and XP. The driver model and the video layer. In both cases, these changes were not made to help us, but to control our access to the content we view. Vista has a “feature” called DRM or Digital Rights Management. I think that once Vista is on a critical mass of PC’s, Microsoft will be able to cut deals with Hollywood and other content providers to sell and display their content on our PC’s. So every time, we watch a movie on our Vista PC, Microsoft makes a buck instead of Blockbuster.

comment #10, just find this sorta funny.

Win 2000 has DRM, XP has DRM as well so why is it so shocking it is on Vista too?

Sorry I don’t like or trust Vista I will stick with XP.

[quote=Dr. Who;2099019]Win 2000 has DRM, XP has DRM as well so why is it so shocking it is on Vista too?[/quote]May I apply some corrections? :wink:
Win 2000 has DRM, XP has more DRM, and Vista has much more DRM. :bigsmile:

There is much less DRM in W2k if you stick with WMP 6.x :slight_smile:

Most annoying IMO is Product activation. This is really a pain for legit users (software pirates laugh about that), especially if MS WGA is running Amok again declaring legit copies as illegal. :eek:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2099032]Most annoying IMO is Product activation. This is really a pain for legit users (software pirates laugh about that), especially if MS WGA is running Amok again declaring legit copies as illegal.[/QUOTE]
I agree … I’ve been denied twice while activating reinstalled dell PC’s and wasted 10 minutes on a phone call to M$ … it’s not a huge amount of trouble, but it is annoying …
At home … it’s so much easier to just bypass the activation altogether :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,[quote=debro;2102518] I’ve been denied twice while activating reinstalled dell PC’s and wasted 10 minutes on a phone call to M$[/quote]This might be due to their change in activation policy: No online activation for OEM versions of Windows. At least the activation hotline is toll free and available 24/7 (normally at least). Such is really annoying.

Apart from Dell, most other big OEMs don’t ship install discs with their hardware, but only a “restore disc” which just slaps an image of the factory preinstall (including expired Norton trial and other crap) onto the HDD. Or they even omit the disc and only provide that image on a hidden partition of the HDD. Cheapstakes with big brand names :Z

Michael

DRM in Windows Vista
Windows Vista includes an array of “features” that you don’t want. These features will make your computer less reliable and less secure. They’ll make your computer less stable and run slower. They will cause technical support problems. They may even require you to upgrade some of your peripheral hardware and existing software. And these features won’t do anything useful. In fact, they’re working against you. They’re digital rights management (DRM) features built into Vista at the behest of the entertainment industry.
While other versions of Window might also have DRM, it is most prevalent in Vista.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

And despite that, Vista is working beautifully for me :slight_smile:

all the people that said [B]VISTA SUCK[/B] on cdfreaks dident even use it, or give it a chance :flower:
di ♥ vista

[quote=diane7;2102626]all the people that said [B]VISTA SUCK[/B] on cdfreaks dident even use it, or give it a chance :flower:
di ♥ vista[/quote]
I gave it a chance at my office, we have two machines with Vista Ultimate. Noone wants to use them.:bigsmile: ( Thats 2 out of 256)

aaaa yes Vi$ta is terrible. It’s the Devils’ OS. Send me your Vi$ta disks with keys and i will dispose of them properly.

Wish I could BOB, but where I work we have a Volume liscense and they only send 1 disc, MS sent us Vista to try awhile back to see if we would upgrade, but it didnt work out.

[QUOTE=Bob;2102682]aaaa yes Vi$ta is terrible. It’s the Devils’ OS. Send me your Vi$ta disks with keys and i will dispose of them properly.[/QUOTE]

LOL! :bigsmile:

Ok did they give it a Chance ,BUT its Much better with Sp1…
But in General We ,People are set in our Ways ,Dont Like Change ,
IF you Ever sat in Someones Seat in Church ( "that is my Seat I sit in it Every SUNDAY ")
Creatures of Habbit :bigsmile:

most People thought Vista Was like an Upgrade of XP ,But its a Hole NEW learning Curve :wink:

Blah.
Vista rocks.
Being able to address more than 3GB of ram in Vista 64 rocks.
EVR video rendering rocks.
Being able to use whatever input/output i want on my 2 multitrack sound cards, without have to run a configuration patch (like i had to on XP) rocks.
DX10 games rock.
The user interface (once you get used to it) rocks.
In the future, running Vista only applications will rock.
Also in the future. Buying new hardware that is only supported by Vista, will rock.

Who wants to go back to XP? Not me :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2102800]Blah.
Vista rocks.
Being able to address more than 3GB of ram in Vista 64 rocks.
EVR video rendering rocks.
Being able to use whatever input/output i want on my 2 multitrack sound cards, without have to run a configuration patch (like i had to on XP) rocks.
DX10 games rock.
The user interface (once you get used to it) rocks.
In the future, running Vista only applications will rock.
Also in the future. Buying new hardware that is only supported by Vista, will rock.

Who wants to go back to XP? Not me :p[/QUOTE]We rock! :bigsmile:

Honestly if people have problems with Vi$ta then the pbkac comes into effect or their pc components are no good for Vi$ta.

I have yet to have a problem with Vi$ta Ultimate 64 bit. yeah i had to find drivers for my older hardware but that was it.

Like i said…send me your Vi$ta disks and keys and i will dispose of them properly for you.

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2102800]
Who wants to go back to XP? Not me :p[/QUOTE]

I feel the same on that one. Once I upgrade the GFX to cope with Vista on my other machine (onboard I’m using currently ain’t gonna cut it), I shall be buying another copy for that :iagree:

[quote=Dee-27;2102800]Blah.
Vista rocks.[/quote]LOL :smiley:
W2k rocks even more :bigsmile:
No Product Activation - this rocks
Low hardware demands - this rocks
No need to upgrade hardware - this rocks
No need to get rid of mature, good working hardware due to the lack of drivers - this rocks
Uncrippled OpenGL - this rocks
Nice, simple user interface - this rocks
No need to buy Vista-only stuff - this rocks
It just works - this rocks
:bigsmile: :cool: :smiley:

W2k doesn’t support my 2 multitrack audio cards. This doesn’t rock :smiley:
My audio production software wont run in W2k either. This doesn’t rock either. :stuck_out_tongue: