Vista disabled my Burner!

I have an HP M9000z running Vista Ultimate. I use Nero and roxio and never had an issue with my HP Blu Ray Burner. Enter Yamicsoft Vista manager which I played around with and then uninstalled.

Since then I am unable to get Vista to allow me to burn any CD/DVD. When I run Nero it says I need administrator privileges and I should run Nero Burn Rights. I am administrator and Burn Rights is set to all users. I tried downloading a new burning program and it does not recognize the burner at all. It is available in device manager and shows operating normally. It also shows in the Bios.

I have looked and looked and cannot find any particular setting in Vista that limits the rights of a user to burn a Disk. Does anyone have any idea how I can re-enable this function?

Thanks!

Hi,

could you please try ImgBurn and post the log here (even if you are not able to burn)?

Michael

I 17:12:39 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!
I 17:12:39 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)
I 17:12:39 Total Physical Memory: 3,667,592 KB - Available: 2,285,964 KB
I 17:12:39 Initialising SPTI…
I 17:12:39 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices…
E 17:12:42 CreateFile Failed! - Device: ‘\.\CdRom0’ (K:)
E 17:12:42 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
W 17:12:42 Errors were encountered when trying to access a drive.
W 17:12:42 This drive will not be visible in the program.
W 17:12:42 No devices detected!

Also just tried to uninstall Nero8 and it must be corrupt since it wont uninstall:sad:

It looks like you now have a virus or other malware, which probably came when you tried that Yamicsoft program [which seems to come from as many bad sites as it does reputable sites].

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=10038

[QUOTE=jf7fsu;2287599]
[B]E 17:12:42 CreateFile Failed! - Device: ‘\.\CdRom0’ (K:)
E 17:12:42 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.[/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Albert;2287612]It looks like you now have a virus or other malware, [/QUOTE]:iagree:
–> http://club.cdfreaks.com/f107/dvd-rw-not-recognised-xp-275461/

Thanks guys. I will run AVG rootkit and see if it finds anything. Appreciate the help!!!:clap::clap:

AVG rootkit did the trick. All is well. Thanks again! Well Done!