Vista - Anything to watch out for?

vbimport

I did a couple searches but not see much about Vista. I have a laptop I setup for work on video while I travel and wondered if there is any special I should watch out for while using ImgBurn with Vista Prem 32 bit?

Thanks for any tips!

It has been tested on Vista. Just don’t go mucking about with the settings.

Regards

Not really a glowing endorsement but thanks for the reply.

Hi :slight_smile:
I use Vista Ultimate (both 32 & 64 bit) & I’m not sure what blutach is referring to.
I have not have any (or do I know of any ) reasons why this was posted.
I am sure if you’ve already google’d & if you haven’t already check out the ImgBurn site too.
You shouldn’t have any things to watch out for.
Even if you do come across something LUK is as ever always very quick to respond. :bigsmile:

You change any settings you like, I am sure LUK would love to know if something is amiss in his program. Thats what this is about , trying new things and OS with new programs and having fun. As of now I have not heard of any problems with Vista and Imgburn.

Thanks for the information zebadee and alan1476. I did look around ImgBurn site, CDFreaks, and googled a bit. I am not a big fan of Vista but I am a big fan of ImgBurn and just wanted to know if there were known issues (admin rights required, special directory settings, etc.) I like to do a little research before jumping in.

I have been using it this evening with no problems so far. Seems to work great. Of course I will trouble shoot and report anything that arises.

We do not encourage you to change the ImgBurn settings unless you know what you are doing - that is, keep your settings on default. Messing around with something and then coming on and saying “ImgBurn messed up my burn” is not on.

Again, ImgBurn has been extensively tested with Vista - I hope this is glowing enough. Anyway, try it and find out for yourself.

In the soon to be released 2.4.1.0, there are a couple of [B]very minor [/B]bugfixes that are pecular to Vista (having to do with the volume label and medium changer control), but nothing that would be a showstopper in 2.4.0.0

Regards

I love my ImgBurn on both my Vista machines. No problems at all. The default settings should be good enough for most savy users!

blutach, thanks for the additional post.
It shows that sometimes too little will give the wrong impression.
Which is understandable, especially given the reception that Vista often gets.
Although I’d didn’t realise you were Royalty! :stuck_out_tongue:
"[B][U]We[/U][/B] do not encourage you to change the ImgBurn settings unless you know what you are doing " :bigsmile:

It is not a “royal we”. It refers to the support team, which comprises LUK! and the Beta Team Members at ImgBurn Forum.

Regards

[QUOTE=blutach;2020218]We do not encourage you to change the ImgBurn settings unless you know what you are doing - that is, keep your settings on default. Messing around with something and then coming on and saying “ImgBurn messed up my burn” is not on.

Again, ImgBurn has been extensively tested with Vista - I hope this is glowing enough. Anyway, try it and find out for yourself.

In the soon to be released 2.4.1.0, there are a couple of [B]very minor [/B]bugfixes that are pecular to Vista (having to do with the volume label and medium changer control), but nothing that would be a showstopper in 2.4.0.0

Regards[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. Not that I am an expert since there is always more to learn but I have been working with video / DVD for a long time. Long time user of DVDDecrypter and ImgBurn but only use a fraction of the features. My team also writes and debugs software and I always assume user error first so I will make sure I verify I had not munged anything before reporting.

I certainly do appreciate the support and expertise on these forums and hope to help others as well in areas that I may have some knowledge. Hopefully I did not rub anyone the wrong way with my choice of words.

Thanks for the help.

I am sure you haven’t done anything of the kind VideoRoy.

I do feel that somewhat curt posted responses can be though.
It is all too easy when dealing with a global forum to mis-read posts as it is.
But that’s life.
I guess. :cool: