Vista and DVDFab4

vbimport

I purchased DVDfab Gold some time ago, all was well until I upgraded to Vista Premium 32 bit. DVDfab is happy to Analize but when it comes time to copy it writes to 5% then spits the disk out and tells me it wants compatable media. I also have it on my husbands XP which it works properly on, oh but vista is so much quicker and I want it to work on my pc. This morning I was prompted to update to 4, which I duly did hoping for a fix for Vista, but it still will not write. Is 5 going to fix this or should I just bite the bullet and give up on Vista?

H Fish, welcome to the forum.

Have you uninstalled Fab completely and run your reg cleaner to cleanup any left overs in the registry then reinstall FAB and see if that helps.

I ran FAB on my 32bit Vista install with no problems and am running it on my 64bit install now with no problems.

A MOD in the living room will most likely move your thread to the FAB forum where you will get more attention.

Thank you very much. No I haven’t tried uninstalling. How do I do a registry clean?

You can go here http://www.ccleaner.com/ and download CCleaner for free which comes with a registry cleaner too.

A clean uninstall…with registry cleaner should help.

Probably a good idea to go ahead and proceed with updating to V5 after reinstalling.

Try that and get back with us!

this sounds like a problem between vVsta & your DVD burner - I’ve had fab v4 workiing fine on a new vista home premium PC, & many others here have used v4 with Vista.

can you test your PC by writing to a blank DVD using other software ?

posting a DVDfab burn log here would also help.

PS XP is actually faster than Vista at most things - including reading & writing DVDs, if 2 PCs with the same hardware specs are compared.

[QUOTE=cybmole;2056652]PS XP is actually faster than Vista at most things - including reading & writing DVDs, if 2 PCs with the same hardware specs are compared.[/QUOTE]How much faster writing speed do you get if you compare a 16x writing on the systems?