Virus scanner Avast 2015 checks router and network security

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Virus scanner Avast 2015 checks router and network security[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/10/myce-avast-home-network-security-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/virus-scanner-avast-2015-checks-router-and-network-security-73288

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That certainly can’t do any harm.

IMO the more types of security checks these sorts of programs make the better.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I was wondering when a security product would do this type of check, as I’ve already seen someone’s router with hijacked DNS settings a few years ago.

Another nice feature I see Avast has is Toolbar reputation, where it checks browser toolbars against user votes (similar to its website reputation) and then brings up a list of toolbars with poor reputation with an option to automatically remove them, e.g. the infamous Ask, MyWebSearch and Inbox toolbars.

On the other hand, I haven’t used Avast on my own PC or laptop in a while due to its pop-up ads, even when I had a paid subscription.

Been using Avast (free) for years now and have not had any pop up ads ever. I have heard other say that they have pop ups though.
My bff is from County Claire. His name is John Thomas Crotty, Just thought that I would share that.

I keep the definitions updated almost daily but I hadn’t updated the program for a while.
I did that today & ran the network scan.
It found a problem I wasn’t aware I had.
When I set up my modem/router I gave it a new admin password.
I though that was all I needed to do as far as passwords for the modem/router.
Avast detected that I still had the “default” user password .
When I checked that was correct.
So I found out I needed to change the user password as well.
My mistake I thought an admin password overrode the use of a user password.
The user is supposed to be able to change less settings but I found I could change some settings as a user.
Second scan said all was good.