VIrus Help

vbimport

I downloaded software for pokerstars.net yesterday and ever sense, I have random opening of IE in a new tab. Sometimes it goes to reg defender, and other times it goes to car web sites. I removed the pokerstars.net software and ran adaware. Got an “An unhandled exception occured at 0x003C10C0 in aawservice.exe” from adaware. I’ve run this program lots and never got this error. If I delet the message, the adaware scans stops. If I do nothing, the adaware scan continues. Generally I find 20-30 tracking cookies everytime I run adaware, even if I run it several times per day.

1. How can I get rid of what evers causing my IE to go to random sites.

2. What can I do to protect myself from tracking cookies so I don;t have to search and purge them.

thanks in advance for any help,

Brad

Hi marcumb, and welcome to the forums.

Do to lack of virus/trojan/adware experience (good thing) I just spent the last 1.5 days trying to get rid of a piece of crap trojan called ‘virtumonde’ on my kids PC. Maybe the below will help…

SDFix.exe
ComboFix.exe
Ad-Aware 2008
Spy-Bot Search and Destroy 1.60
VundoFix.exe

Just use Google to find them and read very carefully what to do with them. As I said, I spent nearly 2 days trying to rid my kids PC of a trojan. I finally got it fixed but it took a lot of effort.

RM

Hi marcumb and I second the welcome:

Regarding your second question, if you block all tracking cookies, you will have great difficulty visiting or interacting with some websites but you can set the level of privacy so cookies are less invasive.

My opinion: I believe gambling sites are among the more problematic sites.

[quote=marcumb;2162438]I downloaded software for pokerstars.net yesterday and ever sense, I have random opening of IE in a new tab. Sometimes it goes to reg defender, and other times it goes to car web sites. I removed the pokerstars.net software and ran adaware. Got an “An unhandled exception occured at 0x003C10C0 in aawservice.exe” from adaware. I’ve run this program lots and never got this error. If I delet the message, the adaware scans stops. If I do nothing, the adaware scan continues. Generally I find 20-30 tracking cookies everytime I run adaware, even if I run it several times per day.

1. How can I get rid of what evers causing my IE to go to random sites.

2. What can I do to protect myself from tracking cookies so I don;t have to search and purge them.

thanks in advance for any help,

Brad[/quote]
Welcome to the forum. As for virus and malware I recommend you to check out these [B]PROGRAMS[/B][B]. [/B]I use malwarebytes and rogue remover and they find and remove everything so I believe they can help you with your problem and they are free. Also you should download and use CCLEANER and it is a free program too

Welcome to the forum, try MalwareBytes and download is free and just might do the trick for cleaning up your computer.