Virus defs are virus infected!

vbimport

that stupid kazaa virus, w32.hllp.handy is pissing me off, im still trying to figure out how it jumped from my one ahrd drive to the other and straight into the virus defs folder, maybe the live updates i try to install are infected because it only finds them after i try to update and my updates freeze at 73%, or maybe somehow w32 finds a way to my symantec antivirus folder and renders it non working so it doesnt pick up viruses? someone help me out? by the way i have 2 separate physical hard disks so this type of crap wouldnt happen but obviously it did

i suppose you use Norton Antivirus? If so make sure that Auto-Protect is ALWAYS ON when you’re on the internet, taht should prevent any virus from harming your system!

greetz

You could try downloading the Virus Definitions manually from Symantec.
Install then scan.

You can also try using kazaa lite as it doesnt seem to get hit with any viruses I know of. That and it has no spyware.

I haven’t got anything from the music yet, but when I downloaded Photoshop I found two in my system. Eye candy had one also. They were removeable with McAfee but I’m kinda wary of KazaA.

im kind of hesitant to give two shits what kind of virus you find in your WAREZ DOWNLOADS. please bitch about any problems you have with them elsewhere, as its not welcome here.

thank you come again //apu

Moral of the story … Dont download warez …

dont tell me i was bitching, i have perfectly legitimate questions involving viruses and thank you for whoever replied giving me answers as they were very helpful, as for the rest of you

/weirz/ A term used by software pirates use to describe a
cracked game or application that is made available to the
Internet

i only download music last time i checked music wasnt software

//ckin2001’s edit

did you even bother to read the post DIRECTLY ABOVE where i posted?

//edit off

Originally posted by a turk inside
[B]dont tell me i was bitching, i have perfectly legitimate questions involving viruses and thank you for whoever replied giving me answers as they were very helpful, as for the rest of you

/weirz/ A term used by software pirates use to describe a
cracked game or application that is made available to the
Internet

i only download music last time i checked music wasnt software [/B]

Even about 99% of the music you can download from KaZaA etc is illegal. Too bad.

If you want a simple and safe virusscan you can use housecall (housecall.antivirus.com), as it scans from the internet (after downloading a client for IE) the change it’s infected is very small or maybe even impossible (I guess the virus defs can be infected as well, if there’s a virus resident in the memory).

Case closed. After all, we’re still talking about the consequences of illegal downloads…