Virtualdub & Virtualdubmod saving WAV probs

vbimport

ok thanks Nosmartz :slight_smile:

convert the vbr to cbr in the app i will pm you

You can try another method. Open the video in virtualdub, then select direct stream copy for video and full processing mode for audio.

Then select Audio --> “Compression” and select a codec, and save again the avi. In this way you don’t need to save a separate wav file, but you can elaborate directly the audio stream compressing it again.

See if this solve :slight_smile:

geno I’ve tried this before, but I don’t know how to choose the right compression. I know I should use the LAME selection, but how do I know which bitrate to select?

Nosmartz, I’m downloading the program now and will let you know how it works out.

Usually 192 is a good bitrate for a mp3 file.

i found this app on a french website…not many use it but what it basically does is demux any audio there is and…can fix audio issues all in one app…it’s a very basic app…i found 0 instruction on how to use it…i just played w/ it and figured it out…no worries…its’ not like photoshop( a b**** to learn)…:open_mouth:

geno, I’ve used that selection and it has still ended up out of sync when burning to DVD.

nosmartz, I assume I want to build VBR time map? Then rebuild index?

u got it…:slight_smile:

hmm just a curiosity: what discs are you using for your burnings?

Most of times playback problems are due to a low quality disc or to a bad burned media, and are not related to the way the movie was encoded.

ok I think I might have the hang of this. Now I leave the video to copy and change the audio to Lame Stereo 192kbps CBR and the quality to… what? What does that even mean? :slight_smile:

geno, Well I’m using Sony DVD+R 4.7GB

i haven’t used it in a few months but basically what it does is re-encode the audio to what bitrate you want and repairs it…and splits the audio from the video file…then you can run it through an authoring app and join the video/audio together

ok cool, but do you know what quality number I should set the audio to?

that’s up to you…doesn’t really matter…since it’s tv i would just go w/ 128 or 160…no biggie really

Ok cool. I’ll fiddle around with this for a bit and let you know the result. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

you got it :slight_smile: