VirtualDUB/MOD

I am really new to all this virtualdub stuff…

I encoded a avi file with Dr.DivX and it came out fine, one teeny-weeny problem, it was upside down! I searched google and somewhere it said encode with VirtualDUBMOD and tick the virtual flip box… But i have no idea where this is…

Anyone help? I don’t mind if you tell me what i did wrong with Dr.DivX if you know…

Thanks…

Please, does anyone know???

Well I never used Dr.Divx but many people said that its very easy to used and program does everything automatically. I can give you a link about coverting divx to vcd, there is a information about how to use VirtualDub. Hope it helps

The search in Dr DivX forum returned this:-

http://forums.divx.com/viewtopic.php?forum=24&topic=49084

Looks like it may be a probelm with a playback filter.

Try getting and running ‘The Big Fix’ program from the DivX site. Fixes lots of DivX related filter problems. You can choose what you want it to do, and use the defaults.

http://forums.divx.com/viewtopic.php?topic=54711&forum=1

In VirtualDub load up the file and go to Video then Filters. Click add and then find Flip Vertically. Now encode your movie. Make sure audio and video are on direct stream copy.

That should do it.

kaybing27 wrote:-
“I encoded a avi file with Dr.DivX and it came out fine, one teeny-weeny problem, it was upside down!”

I thought the original problem was that kaybing27 was using Dr DivX and had a problem with the video being upside down.
Sure VirtualDub can be used, and it can flip and do lots of other things, but to fix the problem…
As a newbie, Dr DivX is certainly easy to use, and gives good results.

Kaybing27, make sure you go onto the Dr DivX site and look through the FAQs, and get that Bigfix program. It’s put together by one of the very experienced support/users/testers that works with DivX and Dr DivX.

I can now find the flip vertical box… but there is a another problem, video has to be in full processing mode and my computer doesn’t have enother space for it :frowning:

Any luck with the Dr DivX fix?

Originally posted by kaybing27
I can now find the flip vertical box… but there is a another problem, video has to be in full processing mode and my computer doesn’t have enother space for it :frowning:

Well, I guess it’s clean-up-my-hard-drive time for you!:smiley:

I had to do it last night as well, crappy movie encoding:( But…it’s better in the long run I guess.

Originally posted by kaybing27

Are you sure?. I had a quick go with a movie file I had on my HD and I did it on direct stream copy and it worked fine. Everything was upside down. Or was I sitting on my head for some reason.:confused:

Originally posted by MrCC
I thought the original problem was that kaybing27 was using Dr DivX and had a problem with the video being upside down.
Sure VirtualDub can be used, and it can flip and do lots of other things, but to fix the problem… [/B]

The original program was DrDivX however the thread title and question in the first thread asked about VirtualDub which I tried to answer.

The original program was DrDivX however the thread title and question in the first thread asked about VirtualDub which I tried to answer.

True, true…:slight_smile: