Virtual Memory

I know this isn’t related to CD/DVD things, but it does involve me running programs, i.e. games, interent explorer, etc…

Does anyone here know anything about increasing Virtual Memory? I have a 50G hard drive with all but 13 G remaining… I’ve decreased the desktop and overall looks of my computer, to where it looks like I am running around in Win98 again (blah)… I’ve scandisk, and defraged the system… I have backed up everything and cleared out everything that I could. I have cleared out all cookies, temp files, and history files. I have updated every driver I could, but it still informs me that I am low on virtual memory…

The only major thing I have on the hard drive is Call of Duty 2…

So any ideas to increase virtual memory, aside from the obvious of what;, more memory and a new video card??

Thanks in advance guys…

Jonathan

You can increase the swap file size. This will eat up some more of your hard disk. So more of your hard disk space is being used for virtual memory.

Depending on your version of windows, you can probably find the swap file size settings somewhere in the My Computer (right click) > Properties > Advanced or something like that.

Go to control pannel, system, click the advanced tab, under performance click setting, click the advanced tab, and the last option are your virtual memory settings.