Virtual CD Software on Vista

Hi guys. Yesterday I did a test installation of Windows Vista build 5308 (the official Beta 2, feature complete), and I must say it’s great. But as with all the previous builds, I cannot install D-Tools or Alcohool on it… Do you happen to know of any virtual CD software that actually works on Vista? I always get the blue screen when trying to install those two, and I believe it’s because of that driver that must be installed… Thank you.

From what I heard from a colleague you will not be able to use such tools in VISTA because of the new driver structure - you will have to wait for VISTA compatible drivers.

I was told at this point that VISTA will be Microsoft’s most CRIPPLED OS ever, you think DRM is bad ? Vista is absolutely horrendous! Microsoft really put the package. Your fair use rights are gone, your freedom is gone and not to mention poor compatibility with XP applications (and bloat).

My advice is to stick XP and consider an alternative OS once XP becomes obsolete. I am the least impressed with VISTA - A colleague of mine is an official beta tester and so far I find it absolute crap! A bloody rip-off if you ask me.

Have you tried the Virtual CD from MS download page? It doesn’t require installation and works great on other Windows OSs, why not on Vista?

Daemon Tools v4.08 X86 32 Bits (with SPTD 1.38)

November 24, 2006

I have used virtual clonedrive from slysoft and it works fine but I am using vistaRTM build 6000