Virgin Ripper

vbimport

Ok guys, I have a simple (i hope so) question about ripping DVD’s using DVDfab. What is the simplest way to restore the chapters within the ripped file back to the original? Every time I rip a DVD I end up with multiple files, Some TS, some VTS, what is the most efficient way to get these files into one uninterrupted playback file.

If this info is posted somewhere else on this forum (Im sure it is) please direct me to it.

Thank you.

So you don’t want to burn this to a Dvd? Are you talking about creating an ISO file from this or are you talking about creating an AVI file?

AVI would be fine.

My goal here is to store movies on an external HD for playback on my computer.

Do I need to convert them to an AVI file?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=icesared79;2183430]Ok guys, I have a simple (i hope so) question about ripping DVD’s using DVDfab. What is the simplest way to restore the chapters within the ripped file back to the original? Every time I rip a DVD I end up with multiple files, Some TS, some VTS, what is the most efficient way to get these files into one uninterrupted playback file.

If this info is posted somewhere else on this forum (Im sure it is) please direct me to it.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Without going to the trouble of converting those files to another format, the files you have immediately after the rip are in exactly the same structure (for a DVD 9 rip, and a compressed format for a DVD 5 rip) that exist on the original source DVD, will play back as if just 1 large file, and will (if ripped that way) retain all chapters and menus as were on the original.

Said multiple TS and VTS files can be reformatted into 1 large file (such as AVI if you’re looking to play it on a mobile device, say), but if you are simply rewriting the ripped files to a blank DVD, not necessary for playback.

I hope between Beef Barley and my verbose answer, you’ll find what you need.

O’C

:slight_smile:

How big is the VIDEO_TS Folder? Just hover your mouse over it, it should tell you. If you wish to store quite a few & save space, yes you will need to convert.

Thanks guys for you help, I think I have it figured out.