VIP622 Dish box

Anyone have any experience with this HD box from Dishnetwork? I just got one.

Hi :slight_smile:
Nope, but try rolling56. :iagree:
I hear he just got one. :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=zebadee;2016038]Hi :slight_smile:
Nope, but try rolling56. :iagree:
I hear he just got one. :p[/QUOTE]I’ll pm rolling56 and see if he has any info to share :bigsmile:

I’ve got one. I’m surprised they didn’t send you a 722, since the 622 is discontinued. But they are substantially the same.

[QUOTE=CDan;2016062]I’ve got one. I’m surprised they didn’t send you a 722, since the 622 is discontinued. But they are substantially the same.[/QUOTE]You like it?

[QUOTE=Bob;2016077]You like it?[/QUOTE]

LOL, compared to what? It’s easily the best satellite HD-DVR currently being used. Has it’s share of quirks, but nothing terrible. The DirecTV model doesn’t even have an OTA tuner in it, so this is really the only option for me since I need an OTA tuner. If it had a functional Ethernet port and the ability to stream media files from a PC, it would be perfect.

Seems to be pretty nice. The 722 only works one TV where as the 622 works 2 TV’s and that’s the way they wanted to set it up here. We have 4 TV’s so now we have a 622 and a 322.

Guess i should have posted this in the HD forum :doh:

Well one Dish VIP622DVR down now and getting a replacement…this one didn’t last very long.

I HAVE DISHNETWORK. FOUND A DVR AT A THRIFT STORE WORKS FINE
PAID $10 BUCKS FOR IT :bigsmile:

BOB,
I also have a dish network two tuner H.D. D.V.R. It’s great . It’s
the 722. I don’t think there is much diffrence[maybe the 722 has
some extra feature,I don’t know] then the 622. The H.D. picture
is great and recently they added more H.D. channels turboed it.
Though some digital cable maybe enhanced and some people
think the picture is a little better with cable. I disagree having
had cable in the past I found it depend’s on your T.V.
Enjoy ZAP
[P.S.] I am sorry if I sounded like a dishnetwork commercial,it
wasn’t my point.

yeah i think you have a slightly bigger HDD but can only hook up one TV. Mine will run 2 TV’s > http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/dvr_receivers/index.shtml

Have you ever tried to hook up an external USB HDD to yours? I’m tempted to. They probably want more money for that?

[QUOTE=Bob;2108481]yeah i think you have a slightly bigger HDD but can only hook up one TV. Mine will run 2 TV’s > http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/dvr_receivers/index.shtml

Have you ever tried to hook up an external USB HDD to yours? I’m tempted to. They probably want more money for that?[/QUOTE]

There’s a $40 one-time fee, AFAIK you can then use as many drives as you wish. There’s also some sort of issue with Seagate External HDDs, apparently they go into sleep mode and will not wake up when connected with the Dish DVR.

BOB,
actually on mine it’s the same.I think on all dish network boxes
you can operate two t.v.s with seperate remote s 1 and,2. Second
T.V. uses U.H.F. channels either 73,or 26. Whats cool is you can
record seperate programs on each T.V. using the one H.D. DVR.
Enjoy ZAP.

No not here anyway with a 722.

[QUOTE=CDan;2108501]There’s a $40 one-time fee, AFAIK you can then use as many drives as you wish. There’s also some sort of issue with Seagate External HDDs, apparently they go into sleep mode and will not wake up when connected with the Dish DVR.[/QUOTE]wow $40 thanks for the info.

This new refurb 622 is messing up now. Losing signal bad and not a cloud in the sky. (Well so the wife says. I don’t watch much TV.) Anyway a tech will be out Sunday afternoon to play with it.

[QUOTE=Bob;2109024]wow $40 thanks for the info.

This new refurb 622 is messing up now. Losing signal bad and not a cloud in the sky. (Well so the wife says. I don’t watch much TV.) Anyway a tech will be out Sunday afternoon to play with it.[/QUOTE]

Run the switch test, and check signal strengths. Only about 10% of the Dish installers know how to aim a sat dish. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=CDan;2109047]Run the switch test, and check signal strengths. Only about 10% of the Dish installers know how to aim a sat dish. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]yeah i have already. It’s 100+ at times.

[QUOTE=Bob;2109050]yeah i have already. It’s 100+ at times.[/QUOTE]

The switch test will usually reveal any problems on the roof. Also, simply unplugging the receiver for a few minutes and doing a hard boot will fix many problems.

[QUOTE=CDan;2109100]The switch test will usually reveal any problems on the roof. Also, simply unplugging the receiver for a few minutes and doing a hard boot will fix many problems.[/QUOTE]Thank you again CDan but i have tried all that also. Maybe there’s some cabling loose somewhere. I don’t know.

My dish is bolted to the concrete wall on the west side of my house. I have a basement is why the concrete setup i guess. There is nothing blocking the dish at all. Wife will be watching TV and out of no where she looses signal. Then i go and do what i have tried and it might work for a few hours or days and then back to the signal loss again.

My wife is the one more peo’d than i am cause i don’t watch that much HDTV.