Vinpower

anyone know much about these?

Vinpower Digital Optical Quantum 8.5GB 8X DVD+R DL Liquid Defense White Inkjet Hub Printable

VPPDPRDL08WIP

so do this compare to falcons or verbatims?

[QUOTE=hellbringer;2443528]Vinpower Digital Optical Quantum 8.5GB 8X DVD+R DL Liquid Defense White Inkjet Hub Printable

VPPDPRDL08WIP

so do this compare to falcons or verbatims?[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm… that is a very good question indeed. :confused: There is no info on
them over at videohelp forum so no way of really knowing for sure what they
are or how good they really are. There is only one (1) 5 egg review on them
so far on newegg and the reviewer doesn’t really go into detail and say what
mid they actually are or how good they actually burned for him or her. :disagree:

I have some blank Vinpower BD-R that come up as philips MID but other people are saying they got Ritek MIDs further down in the reviews

someone reviewed the inkjet printable discs and says the MID is Ricohjpn D01-67 I think this is the same MID that Falcon DL and Aone DL discs use both are good if your burners FW supports them

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2444521]someone reviewed the inkjet printable discs and says the MID is Ricohjpn D01-67 I think this is the same MID that Falcon DL and Aone DL discs use both are good if your burners FW supports them

I just wonder if the [B](Liquid Defense White Ink-jet Hub Printable) [/B]disc’s in hellbringer’s original post use the same
Ricohjpn D01-67 MID as the regular white ink-jet printable ones in MrPete1985’s post do and if so I too wonder how
they compare to DL Falcons. :confused:

i think i might buy some, these are the first DL discs that are water resistant and hub printable and still cheaper than verbs

vinpower makes bluray discs so hopefully that accounts for something

Regular made in Taiwan RICOHJPN D01 isn’t so great. It’s only a good MID when produced by Falcon in the UAE. The question is, is it possible that these discs are manufactured by FTI? Optical Quantum doesn’t make it’s own media. They’ve always sourced from other manufactures like Taiyo Yuden, etc.

[QUOTE=negritude;2444751]Regular made in Taiwan RICOHJPN D01 isn’t so great. It’s only a good MID when produced by Falcon in the UAE. The question is, is it possible that these discs are manufactured by FTI? Optical Quantum doesn’t make it’s own media. They’ve always sourced from other manufactures like Taiyo Yuden, etc.[/QUOTE]

WRONG. It’s a good MID in hands of JVC and FTI. Why do people forget the MIJ ricoh disc’s I know they were rare, but they were very good !

For these vinpower disc’s I’m guessing there MBIL made, because of the water protected surface.
Offcourse there is a good change I’m wrong and they are some made in China disc’s. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2445398]WRONG. It’s a good MID in hands of JVC and FTI. Why do people forget the MIJ ricoh disc’s I know they were rare, but they were very good ![/QUOTE]

The key word here is were. :rolleyes:

the Vin Power BD blanks i have do not even say where they were made

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2445568]the Vin Power BD blanks i have do not even say where they were made[/QUOTE]

What’s their MID?

[QUOTE=pepst;2445696]What’s their MID?[/QUOTE]

PHILIP-R04-00

well i took one for the team, hopefully should get here by the weekend. i have a hunch these are going to be some decent disks. if not then i know what im going to be decorating my chrismas tree with.

they arrived here’s the results

first 2 pics are at 8x

last 2 pics are at 4x

oh and they are Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67

water proof hub printable DL’s :bow:

[QUOTE=hellbringer;2450007]they arrived here’s the results

first 2 pics are at 8x

last 2 pics are at 4x

oh and they are Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67

water proof hub printable DL’s :bow:[/QUOTE]

Cool the same MID as Falcon and some great scans might have to try them next time I run out of DLs, still got about 45 printable Verbs, 30 non-printable Verbs, and 19 Shiny Falcons

What burner are you using? does the package say where they were made?

Nice burns, hellbringer. What are the stamper codes and serial numbers of those media?

[QUOTE=hellbringer;2450007]oh and they are Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67[/QUOTE]

Where were the discs made? That’s more important than the MID in this case.

i burned both disc’s using a 7200S optiarc, im also burning 2 more disc’s right now using my other drive a samsung SH-S203N. ive got a plexy 716A but i hardly ever use it for burning anymore

the package doesn’t indicate where the disc’s were made

i just did a few prints, the first one had lots of streaks and smears, im using a epson artisan 800. usually it prints 99% perfect, but this first print i would rate pretty crappy, and i could see my fingerprints from when i touched it “before” printing. after its printed its not a factor.

so anyways i determined these disks can’t absorb much ink, so inside epson cdprint it lets me turn down how much ink i use, it was at 0 and i then put it at -3. the second print was much much better, if i could turn it down just a little bit more they would be perfect but im not sure how to do that. so not perfect but they still get the thumbs up from me. i havn’t tested the water resistant or surface durability yet however,

well i did test but not a fair test anyway, id prefer to wait 24hours before commenting on that. due to them not absorbing ink very well they will need longer to dry, where as something like watershields you can lick with your tongue after 2 minutes, you def can’t do that with these lol

as for stamper codes and serial numbers, i havn’t learned that part of this hobby yet, if you let me know where to look and what the numbers mean ill be more than happy to put them up

there seems to be 2 sets of numbers that i think your refering to, one very light and hard to read set on the hub, and then 2 sets on the ink layer, one appears kind of ontop and the other set is sort of below the ink and hard to read. forgive me im a noob lol

:wink: