Viewing Portable DVD Player in front seat

vbimport

My husband got me a portable DVD player for my birthday. I don’t have time to watch movies: I work a lot or am studying.

The only possible use I can think of for it is to keep it in the car for when I’m stuck in a traffic jam.

I swear I would only watch it while completely stopped. Is there any kind of way to mount it in the car to be viewed from the driver’s seat?

It has a 10.2" screen.

[QUOTE=everydayearthling;2011879]
My husband got me a portable DVD player for my birthday.
[/QUOTE]
My belated wishes to your b-day :slight_smile:

I don’t have time to watch movies: I work a lot or am studying.
[/QUOTE]
I guess that is a problem of all of us!

The only possible use I can think of for it is to keep it in the car for when I’m stuck in a traffic jam.

I swear I would only watch it while completely stopped. Is there any kind of way to mount it in the car to be viewed from the driver’s seat?

It has a 10.2" screen.[/QUOTE]

Just my 0.02€ (or $0.02 :wink: ), it should not be possible to watch movies from the driver seat. I do not see any exceptions for it. I think watching movies as driver is even not allowed in your country. I’d check your law very carefully. It may be very expensive in case the police stops you ans see your installed video equipment usable by the driver.
Even in traffic jam (stop and go) it is carelessness to watch movies. I may be ok to watch a movie if the traffic stands still (and the engine is off). As long as the engine is running you should NOT watch any movies, even if you do not have time elsewhere…

The other problem is that the equipment shoudl be very well mounted. It would not be great if you break and it will fly though your car. I think you must mount the equipent somewhere in your cockpit with screws and all the stuff and I’m not sure if this would be ok for you since you must drill holes into the front console…

I agree that it shouldn’t be done but if you must…Take a look for laptop car mounts.

Thanks for your replies. I don’t mean “stop and go” traffic. I should have given more details. I mean traffic jam where there’s been an accident or a flood and traffic isn’t moving at all and you’re stuck there for a couple of hours.

I don’t want to drill holes in my dashboard for a laptop mount. I think I’ll figure something else out or return it and keep a book of short stories in the car to read for emergencies.

Thanks again.