Vietcong disc 1 + twinpeaks

vbimport

hey,
something quite unexpected is happening with the first disc of vietcong. we all know that this game is protected with securom 4.xx (whatever…). so i do what i normally do, read an image with clone cd, create a bwa with blindwrite, then patch that image with twinpeaks.

this process all goes well until i have to burn this image onto a disc. clone cd tells me that the image wont fit onto the cd. i checked out the size of the image and to my surprise it turned out to be about 820mb.

i know that twinpeaks pads out the image. (789mb without patching).

clonecd gives me the option to try to overburn, but 820mb??? should I try this???

Mmmm, this problem came up the otherday…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68714&highlight=overburn

> did an mds => bwa conversion

has Twinpeak peaked?! dunno!

Well no problem here with the first disk.

Read with Liteon LTD166S

Patched and twinpeaked

Burned using Clone 4.2.0.2 using either

Liteon LTR-5246S or

Asus CRW-4816A

Media used

Liteon Multispeed CD or Ricoh 32X both 700MB and both worked fine :wink:

Originally posted by PaRaDoX
[B]Well no problem here with the first disk.

Read with Liteon LTD166S

Patched and twinpeaked

Burned using Clone 4.2.0.2 using either

Liteon LTR-5246S or

Asus CRW-4816A

Media used

Liteon Multispeed CD or Ricoh 32X both 700MB and both worked fine :wink: [/B]
The veteran speaks again :cool:

i did an alcohol dpm and the image created was still 820mb. but i did a burn of this copy and alcohol didnt ask me to overburn, even though the image was the same size as clonecd.

wierd??? :confused:

A lot images are larger than 700MB because the subchannels have been counted in the total. When written they are streamed into each 2KB sector

ok, but any particular reason why there are differences between alcohol and clonecd?

CloneCD handles the subs differently to other apps - it streams them on the fly during writing (well it’s now 2003 and other apps may now do the same thing given .sub files).

CloneCD doesn’t know about twinpeak hence the complaint before the Lead in.