Videos Not the right size?

vbimport

hello. i have been trying to copy some of my dvds so i could put them on my ps3’s hdd. I did do one of my movies but i when i went to play it on the ps3 the picture was terrible. So iwent to the original size for watching instead of fullscreen and it was less than a sqaure foot big. is there anyway i can change this or anything. Please help. Thank you.

please help me with this. i have a 10800p tv and would like to watch my movies full screen on it.

Can anyone tell me how to do it. The biggest size is like 600 by 300 or something.

[QUOTE=Koneesha;2021298]please help me with this. i have a [B]10800p tv[/B] and would like to watch my movies full screen on it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Koneesha;2021298]so i could put them on my [B]ps3’s[/B] hdd.[/QUOTE]
sorry do not know what you are trying to do

sorry i have a 1080p tv and i am trying to put some of my movies on the hard drive. But the max res using DVDFAB is 600 by 300. its along the lines of that. So i want to increase the res so it fits the full screen in stead of just the 600 by 300.

before clicking start, click on configure. looks like the largest frame resolution is 848 x 462. take note of the bits/pixel. the greater bits/pixel the better the output quality. to increase bits/pixel use the bit rate slider on the left. take note of the size(mb), you can increase the bitrate and the size will also increase. so if you have alot of space on your hard drive, go ahead and slide it to max. you will have to play around to see what works best for you. :slight_smile:

maybe some one will come in and suggest some settings which they use or will post a custom profile which they use. :slight_smile:

well for my dvd its only like 600 by 300.

What DVD is it?

If it is not a commercial product, it may be authored at that resolution.

Fab would then think that you have nothing to gain from upsizing and that better results would be obtained by the upscaling chips in either your player or TV.

It is the Chicago White Sox’s 2005 World Champoinship Set. It is made by A&E

I suggest the following:-

Rip the disk to a folder on your hard disk
Download GSpot Codec Appliance.

In the folder that you rip to there should be a set of VOB files.

Open about the third one in the set with GSpot and report back the info that it gives.

Then we know what input we are dealing with.

ell how would i rip it? Because the options i am using to rip it right now is ps3. And i do it so it rips to one file.

Use “Full Disk” and rip it to a folder on your hard disk.

This will give the original source material with copy protection removed.

yes but that only rips to orther disks right?

[QUOTE=Koneesha;2022757]yes but that only rips to orther disks right?[/QUOTE]

Correct but what we want to do is find out the size, etc of the source material and this is the way to do that. We’ll end up deleting it later…

Have you even read my posts above?

you do not have to burn to dvd disc. you can rip to hard drive.

Koneesha, I think what you are looking for is a frame resolution of 720x480 for output to the TV. I have a PS3 and a PSP2000 (slim) I just use the PSP 3.30+ at 720X480 for a smaller file that will fill out the TV screen and the PSP2000.h264.tvout profile for better resolution on the tv, but a larger file size. The PSP files will play fine on the PS3, and you can burn several to a sl disk. you’re still going to need to zoom the display on the PS3 to fill out the tv screen, there is no resolution in DVDFab that will do it without zooming.

Yeah, your’e right niner but I have found some DVD’s authored at lower resolutions than the 720 width and Fab then calculates the size based in the source’s width.

At least that is what I think it does !!!

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2022959]Yeah, your’e right niner but I have found some DVD’s authored at lower resolutions than the 720 width and Fab then calculates the size based in the source’s width.

At least that is what I think it does !!![/QUOTE]

I haven’t run across this yet on an original, but even 480x272 frame resolution can be zoomed up on the PS3 to fill out the TV screen. If the OP is viewing in the original display size it will be about a foot square on the TV screen.

yes but its all pixelated then.

[QUOTE=Koneesha;2023027]yes but its all pixelated then.[/QUOTE]

Then use multiple passes, the file will be larger but better picture.