VideoFab Converter issues!

Hello.

I seem to be having trouble converting files in VideoFab Converter 1.0.1.0.

I am trying to convert a .mkv file to .avi format with external subtitles (.srt file). Now I am NOT new to video converters/converting at all. I have been converting for a long time (if that helps).

I tried using these basic settings: generic.avi.h264.audiocopy, fast encoding (1-pass), 30fps, audio bitrate: same as source, video bitrate: same as source. I basically left all the default settings from the .mkv file to make it easy.

Now everytime I convert it, when it reaches about 50% complete, the program says the operation was completed successfully. So I open the video file and it’s only converted half of the file. It’s only a 25 min. video.

Now I have tried a couple different video files in different formats and get the same result.

The only success I have had is when I convert a .avi file to .wmv format.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Below are a couple screen shots of my conversion settings and the issue I keep running into when it says Operation Completed Successfully.

Now it says that it completed successfully, but it’s only 48% complete and for some reason it happens at exactly 48% each time and I’ve tried to convert it 20 times now with different settings each time and I still get the same result.

MKV just doesn’t want to convert for some reason.



ejmiranda
You are running the old version of VideoFab. From the release notes for v1.0.1.8b:

[B]Fix: Conversion to mkv file will not finish if using audiocopy profile[/B]

This seems to be the exact problem you are experiencing. Please try the beta release, which you can download from the release announcement near the top of the thread list, and see if that improves your results.

Thanks for the info signals! :slight_smile:

I have downloaded the new beta version 1.0.1.8b and it did not improve my results. I have tried the audiocopy profile as well as the mp3 profile and both give me the same result…the conversion completes before even reaching 50%.

Is it possible that there is a problem with the video file? The video file plays perfectly fine but when I try to convert it is where the problem lies. Is it possible that the video file might be protected? Just thinking out loud here.

Also just as a side note, I’m not converting to a .mkv file, but from a .mkv file to a .avi file.

Sorry, I misunderstood. There could a peculiarity in the input file, but I would not expect the same problem in more than one unless they were encoded by the same person. Do you have any tools that will look at the input file(s) and give you stats or other info? My next suggestion was going to be for you to try a different audio codec, but I see you thought of that already! If you are using file-to-file, try one of the file-to-device settings that will produce something you can use and see if that works any differently. This can be very CPU intensive, so don’t multitask while it is running and make sure the fans are not obstructed. Beyond that, Ting (the author) will have to help you. He is in this sub-forum every day, but I’m not sure if he is back at work yet from the Chinese New Year national holiday.

Yes I do, Here are the results that MediaInfo retrieved from the file:

General
Complete name : C:\Users\Miranda\Downloads[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 94 - 480p.mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 170 MiB
Duration : 23mn 2s
Overall bit rate : 1 029 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2009-01-29 14:14:49
Writing application : mkvmerge v2.4.2 (‘Oh My God’) built on Jan 18 2009 17:30:28
Writing library : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1
Cover : Yes

Video
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L3.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 8 frames
Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@3.1
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 23mn 1s
Width : 848 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Original frame rate : 24.161 fps
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Title : NS94
Language : Japanese

Audio
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version : Version 4
Format profile : LC
Format settings, SBR : No
Codec ID : A_AAC
Duration : 23mn 2s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
Title : AAC
Language : Japanese

Text
Format : ASS
Codec ID : S_TEXT/ASS
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Sub Station Alpha
Title : ASS
Language : English

Chapters
Language : English
1 : 00:00:00.000 - Prologue
2 : 00:03:37.968 - OP
3 : 00:05:07.891 - A
4 : 00:12:25.370 - B
5 : 00:20:03.661 - ED
6 : 00:21:33.167 - Next time…
7 : 00:22:03.197 - Omake

OK. I will try converting it with file to device without multitasking. I hope it works.

Also I do believe that it has something to do with the file, because I tried 2 other files that are in .mkv format and they converted beautifully to .avi without any issues.

Thank You for your help signals! :slight_smile: