VideoFab Converter 1.0.1.8 Beta is out

Dear all,

VideoFab Converter 1.0.1.8 Beta is out (January 19, 2009):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/VideoFab1018Beta_avangate-689.exe

What’s New:

1.0.1.8 Beta (January 19, 2009)
New: Added “Output” window in “Settings -> File to Mobile”.
New: Added new “Name output file based on pattern” feature, which you can specify the output file name based on several information like SourceFileName, VideoCodec, AudioCodec, Year, Month and Day.
New: Added option “Run “MoveFab” to transfer converted files to mobile devices after finished conversion”.
New: MoveFab will not be launched if the device is not supported.
New: Updated language files.
Fix: Conversion to mkv file will not finish if using audiocopy profile.
Fix: Audio stream selection doesn’t work.

1.0.1.5 Beta (January 15, 2009)
New: Increased conversion speed greatly.
New: Added new “MoveFab” feature to transfer converted files to devices. Currently it supports iPod, PSP and ZUNE, and it will support more devices in the future.
New: Updated language files.
Fix: No video output when converting m2ts file with VC-1 video stream.
Fix: No audio output when converting m2ts file with Dolby TrueHD audio stream.
Fix: A crash problem when converting m2ts file if selecting the second audio stream.
Fix: A/V sync problem for some flv and wmv files.
Fix: A crash problem which caused by some unsupported files.
Fix: A freeze problem when converting file in certain cases.
Fix: A crash problem when converting file to MP3 in certain cases.
Fix: A crash problem when converting file to Xbox 360 or Zune in certain cases.
Fix: Reduced memory usage when converting file to Xbox 360 or Zune.
Fix: Converted WMV file cannot be played in certain cases.
Fix: Corrupted output when converting mov file with 8-bit audio stream.

This beta version is considered to be stable and safe for everyone, please try it especially new “MoveFab” feature to see the result. Your feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanks for the update…installing now. :slight_smile:

//EDIT// [B]The output file name generator is a great feature, please add it DVDFab Option:Mobile in a future release.[/B]

I am a little bit confused??? Having not ever used the mobile portion of DVDFab Platinum and not having used the Vldeo Fab converter. I have a question. Does the Mobile portion of DVDFab Platinum and Video Fab converter do the same things. If I have DVD Fab Platinum with the mobile portion also, Do I need the video Fab converter or is the video Fab converter the mobile portion of DVDFab Platinum removed so that those who don’t have the mobile portion can enjoy it too.

[quote=snagel;2201328]I am a little bit confused??? Having not ever used the mobile portion of DVDFab Platinum and not having used the Vldeo Fab converter. I have a question. Does the Mobile portion of DVDFab Platinum and Video Fab converter do the same things. If I have DVD Fab Platinum with the mobile portion also, Do I need the video Fab converter or is the video Fab converter the mobile portion of DVDFab Platinum removed so that those who don’t have the mobile portion can enjoy it too.[/quote]They are not really the same: VideoFab does not decrypt DVDs or even read them the same way DVDFab+Mobile does. It is a file converter, but will produce many of the same output formats that the Mobile option can.

All of my files are truncating to 00:06:30, or thereabouts … Any reason why this new version is causing it … is there a default that got changed or something I’m missing for the cause?

Ok, I’m now able to convert mkv files using the generic.avi.divx.audiocopy! Woot!

To bad it looks like the X-Box 360 doesn’t support 5.1 DTS audio in divx :frowning:

Not your issue but means I will have to wait till you get multi-channel sound added in.

It DID support 5.1 AC3 divx though. I had LotR in 5.1 AC3 mkv format and it converted very nicely!

Hi Fengtao,
How to change size the subtitle font from small to large? Would you let me know when I convert from MKV to AVI? I DL the version 1.0.1.0 and now it is expired. If this one work I would like to buy VideoFab Conveter?
Thanks,

[quote=benchmarkjoe;2209065]Hi Fengtao,
How to change size the subtitle font from small to large? Would you let me know when I convert from MKV to AVI? I DL the version 1.0.1.0 and now it is expired. If this one work I would like to buy VideoFab Conveter?
Thanks,[/quote]
I started testing this program out when they first released it to see how it worked and there was many problems I was having and it also expired on me, so now I no longer am able to try it out to see if my issues have been fixed :frowning:
So this app I will just have to do without :iagree:

StormJumper, this is excellence converter for MKV to AVI so far I have test, but the subtitle only the problem I have that need to control the subtitle size to read when you want to embed. Well, I just hope the author will add this to their software.

Oh I’m sure it is a great program just like the other programs Fengtao puts out, but I was having issues with it when it first came out and now I no longer have an option to make sure it works for me unless I pay for it which I will not buy something not knowing if it will work as I want :frowning:
so I will make do without it :rolleyes:

Same here. I bought DVD Fab Platinum and mobile option. I also tested Videofab when it first came out, reported some bugs. Now I can’t test it anymore to see if the new version works. When it would be only a small “upgrade feature” for existing Fab Platinum users, i would buy it.

That would be nice, but I’ve found one of my other app’s in my toolbox for converting that I stopped using and updated it and it now has a build-in profile editor :bigsmile: …Which I also have a lifetime update/upgrade->[B]([/B]no longer available[B])[/B] so will not need this one after all :cool:

Been trying to get this to work with Blue-Ray .m2ts files and it’s no go. It gets all the way through the encoding process and then shuts down. I’ve tried it 3 times for a total of 5 hours each (ouch) and send reports all three times.

I did a second pass and it went all the way and then stopped at the end. Seems like it’s having trouble finishing.

Looking forward to updates.

Thank guys

Installed trial on another computer just to test the new version. Sucks a bit because of slower performance on that laptop.

Still having problems with it. My goal is to convert a m2ts file from a ripped blu-ray. When i try to open the ripped file directly videofab crashes. I am able to open the file after remuxing it with tsMuxer to a new single m2ts file with just the streams I want.

But encoding that file is not finishing, the progress says 100% of task 1 done, but it wont finish. On 2-pass encoding the second pass is not starting. On 1-pass encoding it just wont finish.

I know, videofab ist not directly meant as a bluray tool, but dvdfab is not supporting blurays atm

hi,

about your m2ts source, can you give me some meida information about it, like what video or audio stream in this m2ts file ? or others ?