VideoFab Converter 1.0.0.5 Beta is out

vbimport

Dear all,

We just released a BETA version of new product: VideoFab Converter.

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/VideoFab1005Beta.exe

VideoFab Converter is the most powerful and flexible video file conversion software. You can convert the video files which downloaded from Internet to mobile devices like iPod, PSP, ZUNE, cell phone, etc. You can also convert between different video file formats.

Features Highlight:

1. Read most popular video formats on Internet:
    3GP File ( *.3gp; *3g2 ), ASF File ( *.asf ), AVI File ( *.avi; *.divx ),
    FLV File ( *.flv ), M2TS File ( *.m2ts ), MOV File ( *.mov ),
    MP4 File ( *.mp4; *.m4v ), MPEG File ( *.mpeg; *.mpg; *.dat ),
    MKV File ( *.mkv ), RMVB File ( *.rmvb; *.rm ), TS File ( *.ts ),
    VOB File ( *.vob ), WMV File ( *.wmv ).
  2. 10 “File to Mobile” conversion mode available: Generic, iPod, PSP, ZUNE, NDS, Xbox 360, PS3, Cell Phone, PVP and PDA. More devices support can be added manually.
  3. Generic: Convert video file to MPEG-4/DivX/XVID/H.264 AVI/MP4 file, which can be played on PC. It also supports other devices which are not listed in navigation bar.
  4. iPod: Convert video file to MPEG-4/H.264 MP4 file, which can be played on Apple iPod.
  5. PSP: Convert video file to MPEG-4/H.264 MP4 file, which can be played on Sony PSP.
  6. ZUNE: Convert video file to WMV file, which can be played on Microsoft ZUNE.
  7. NDS: Convert video file to DPG file, which can be played on Nintendo DS.
  8. Xbox 360: Convert video file to WMV file, which can be played on Microsoft Xbox 360.
  9. PS3: Convert video file to MPEG-4/H.264 MP4 file, which can be played on Sony Play Station 3.
  10. Convert video file to specific format which is supported by Cell Phone, PVP (Portable Video Player) and PDA (Personal Digital Assistant).
  11. 6 “File to File” conversion mode available: to AVI, to MP4, to WMV, to MKV, to FLV and to 3GP.
  12. Convert video file to MPEG-4/DivX/XVID/H.264 AVI/MP4/MKV file, or WMV/FLV/3GP file.
  13. Constantly updated to support more mobile devices.
  14. Crop automatically to remove the black bar on many widescreen movies.
  15. Allow user to resize output from letterbox to pan&scan.
  16. Very fast conversion speed, fully optimized for multi-core system.
  17. Support full high definition video up to 1080p.
  18. Support external subtitle file, and render to video directly.
  19. Support both NTSC and PAL video format.
  20. Preview video file like real player.

What’s New:

1.0.0.5 Beta (November 12, 2008)
New: Updated user interface.
New: Added “Quick Start” dialog to help beginner.
New: Added support for *.dat file which can be found on VCD.
New: Added support for multiple audio streams in one file.
New: Search and add external subtitle automatically.
New: Updated language files.
Fix: Failed to convert when selecting 2-pass encoding mode.
Fix: Failed to convert when there is DTS audio in AVI file.

Please post your feedback here, thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Just tried a small .flv to generic avi (1 Pass).
Very nice.
Thanks for all the hard work.

Thank you for all your support and hard work…Best Regards…Bob…:clap:

Does VideoFab Converter support converting audio file to other formats like mp3 to m4a, m4b etc? Still no “to mpeg” format support (.mpeg, mpg) …:frowning:

Thanks for the hard work and the resulting update!

Much appreciated.

Sorry if this has been asked before but could not find this on search – can I use my exisiting DVDFab Plat – license key with VFab ?

Nope…I tried it, won’t work.

However, I noticed that each updated beta give 30days trial period.

Meaning…if 1.0.5 after 30 days expiration and if another update 1.0.6, you could get another 30days…

So, I would assume if you there is also an update, you could always download the updated version and use it for 30days.

Of course, ultimately you still need to purchase when the stable release is available.

The translated strings

ID403=Conversion: two pass - first pass
ID404=Conversion: two pass - second pass
ID405=Conversion: one pass

are not used in the program. :sad:

Is there any chance that this software will support DishNet convertion of externally stored TSP files? As many now know Dishnet has activated the External storage via USB drives of movies that have been recorded to the DVR’s. It would really be great is someone would put out a utility that could convert the files saved to the external drive to something that could be played on the PC or Cell phones.

As I understand it the files are encrypted by a key created on the DVR and then are moved to the external usb drive that has been formated in EXT2 Linux.

Just curious. I could send you a copy of a movie if you wanted to look it over. I have been unable to find any players that can play or convert the file for playing on my computer. I can copy them to my hard disk using a Windows/Ext2 reader software.

Any way I love your software. It’s really great at what it does and you have fantastic support.

Jim

Will VideoFab convert .ISO to WMV

I would think not. If the ISO is an image of a DVD then you can use DVDFab Mobile. If the ISO is of a VCD then I think you would need to export the DAT file before using VideoFab.

fengtao, can VideoFab rip a 14 hour long just one 1 title set DVD?..:smiley: into a .avi format?
Cuz, I downloaded another app thats very similar to this one and, the .avi output was unplayable :frowning:

[quote=Macrovision3500;2159701]fengtao, can VideoFab rip a 14 hour long just one 1 title set DVD?..:smiley: into a .avi format?
Cuz, I downloaded another app thats very similar to this one and, the .avi output was unplayable :([/quote]VFab does not accept DVDs as input Sources. It does not decrypt, it converts files. 14 hours on one DVD??

Hi Macrovision3500,

You can open a .VOB file in VideoFab and convert it.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

No matter what I do I cannot get VideoFab to process VOB files correctly. Most have incorrect times and aspect ratio is incorrect. Cannot crop and cannot output widescreen VOB’s to a widescreen AVI. To do this correctly I use Fab Platinum.

[QUOTE=fengtao;2159772]Hi Macrovision3500,

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]
fengtao, I tried converting a DVD recorded in 10 hours and, 30 minutes and,
VideoFab is running into problems…:frowning:
I have attached the ifos… :smiley:

[QUOTE=fengtao;2159772]Hi Macrovision3500,

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]
fengtao, I tried converting a DVD recorded in 10 hours and, 30 minutes to a FLV (FLASH) video file
VideoFab is running into problems…:frowning:
I have attached the ifos… :smiley:

EDIT: I had no idea it posted twice…:confused:

DVD ifo.zip (194 KB)

DVD ifo 2.zip (4.46 KB)

Ting,

I am having the same problem with standard MPEG files recorded on my PVR which play fine in all software players.

hi,

I have do more test for the VOB file and MPEG file, hope can fixed the problem.

Thanks report the bug. :slight_smile:

Would be nice to know the price tag for VideoFab :frowning:
also if there will be a discount for us devoted help squad members who also do a lot of testing :cool: