Video_ts

Ok, I have tried everything,even bought the same dvd+r disk to record downloaded movies. I have downloaded movies in mpg format and burned my disk at a lower speed (4x). I could not figure out why my disc would not play in my dvd player, (it is dvd+r compatible). I figured out that I did not finalise when using Imgburn. Ok, done that, still won’t work. This morning, I realized the reason it may not have worked in my player is that when I open my video_ts folder, it’s empty, nothing there. Where do I find the info that should be in this folder.:eek:

Can we get more info.? Like what software your using, etc.

ok, I have a Dell desktop, Inspiron xps 400. Windows XP, with DVD reader and DVD recorder. I am using Cheetah DVD burner software (trial version). I have recorded DVD’s before using the same DVD blank discs and was successful although I had used a different software for burning ( I think it was Roxio, not for sure). I have the video downloaded on my hard drive, plays on my computer, but not on my DVD player. ( I have had had this player for several years and it had played my previous burned DVD’s) When I go to my video-ts and audio folder, audio is empty, as should be, but my video-ts is also empty, no files. I have used imgburn, but when it is finalizing, it takes hours… so i cancel the finalise.

Have you tried playing in set top player? perhaps it didn’t burn anything to disk… You say downloaded movie in MPG format, as in .mpg extension? explain downloaded or do you mean you’ve backed up your flick to your HDD…

[QUOTE=jeni;1947957]Ok, I have tried everything,even bought the same dvd+r disk [B]to record downloaded movies[/B]. I have downloaded movies in mpg format and burned my disk at a lower speed (4x). I could not figure out why my disc would not play in my dvd player, (it is dvd+r compatible). I figured out that I did not finalise when using Imgburn. Ok, done that, still won’t work. This morning, I realized the reason it may not have worked in my player is that when I open my video_ts folder, it’s empty, nothing there. Where do I find the info that should be in this folder.:eek:[/QUOTE]

This is no good start thread…
I suggest you buy the movies/DVDs so you would have [B]also[/B] no trouble anymore.

[QUOTE=t0nee1;1948078]Have you tried playing in set top player? perhaps it didn’t burn anything to disk… You say downloaded movie in MPG format, as in .mpg extension? explain downloaded or do you mean you’ve backed up your flick to your HDD…[/QUOTE]

You can tell the dvd has something on it, I played it on my computer and it works. I downloaded the movie from the internet and it was in an mpg instead of avi or divx. My problem is, I don’t know why I don’t have any files in my video_ts folder

hi
may be ur trial of cheetah burner over which is only 15 days…try with a full version software

Do you mean you first tried Imgburn (a software that “can write most types of CD / DVD images”), but it didn’t work (didn’t finalize the disc correctly)? (The files you are trying to burn are .mpg files (which are not CD/DVD images), right?) And then you tried Cheetah DVD Burner (an all-around burning software), but it didn’t work either (no file in the video_TS folder)?

Here is a screenshot of the Cheetah DVD Burner. May I ask which option you chose?

[QUOTE=jeni;1948345]You can tell the dvd has something on it, I played it on my computer and it works. [B]I downloaded the movie from the internet and it was in an mpg instead of avi or divx. [/B] My problem is, I don’t know why I don’t have any files in my video_ts folder[/QUOTE]

May I ask what should that prove or what is the sense behind that statement??

If no files are in the VIDEO_TS folder, then there is no VALID data that would make it a VideoDVD.

[QUOTE=anodalex;1948749]Do you mean you first tried Imgburn (a software that “can write most types of CD / DVD images”), but it didn’t work (didn’t finalize the disc correctly)? (The files you are trying to burn are .mpg files (which are not CD/DVD images), right?) And then you tried Cheetah DVD Burner (an all-around burning software), but it didn’t work either (no file in the video_TS folder)?

Here is a screenshot of the Cheetah DVD Burner. May I ask which option you chose?[/QUOTE]

Yes, This is exactly true. I found out you have to finalize, but everytime I tried to finalize with Imgburn, it either froze or was taking hours.

I have never had trouble burning a movie to a blank DVD once I figured it out, but this has got me stumped. I know I am supposed to have files in my video_ts folder, but there are none.

[QUOTE=chef;1948877]May I ask what should that prove or what is the sense behind that statement??

If no files are in the VIDEO_TS folder, then there is no VALID data that would make it a VideoDVD.[/QUOTE]

I just figured that if the DVD plays on my computer, Windows Media, that there is a movie there.

[QUOTE=anodalex;1948749]Do you mean you first tried Imgburn (a software that “can write most types of CD / DVD images”), but it didn’t work (didn’t finalize the disc correctly)? (The files you are trying to burn are .mpg files (which are not CD/DVD images), right?) And then you tried Cheetah DVD Burner (an all-around burning software), but it didn’t work either (no file in the video_TS folder)?

Here is a screenshot of the Cheetah DVD Burner. May I ask which option you chose?[/QUOTE]

i chose the video dvd option

Jeni, try ConvertXtoDVD and see if that produces a playable DVD. It’s not free software though so anything produced will have a watermark with the trial.

Thanks, I will check it out.

ok, gotta it. I downloaded Nero 8 and now my DVD’s work. Must have been the software of the other I was using. Thanks all.:clap: