VIDEO_TS read only file? (Sony DRU-840A)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DRU-840A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I bought this dvd/cd rewritable drive and installed it to copy dvd’s and now I have this file called VIDEO_TS,read only ? Icannot delete anything in the file. It says read only,cant delete.I also see the name logical volume identifier and I dont know what any of this means or how to delete these movies from my hard drive.I also get a Nero message saying I need a dvd-video multichannel plug in because my trial has expired. Should I upgrade to Nero 9? My main concern now is the video_ts files I cant delete. Thanks for any help!-John

VIDEO_TS contain all video files of your movie and menus.
You can burn it to DVD using your burner or delete. Read Only is normal attribute.
If you have trail version, you need to upgrade to play that file. If you want new Nero it is up to you.
You can try to open that folder with Window Media Player, came with the OS.
If the file cannot be deleted, it is used by other software, just restart computer and you will be able to delete.

[QUOTE=shadmaster3;2147370][qanda]This thread is about the Sony DRU-840A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I bought this dvd/cd rewritable drive and installed it to copy dvd’s and now I have this file called VIDEO_TS,read only ? Icannot delete anything in the file. It says read only,cant delete.I also see the name logical volume identifier and I dont know what any of this means or how to delete these movies from my hard drive.I also get a Nero message saying I need a dvd-video multichannel plug in because my trial has expired. Should I upgrade to Nero 9? My main concern now is the video_ts files I cant delete. Thanks for any help!-John[/QUOTE]

I would resist purchasing Nero 9 unless/until they get their act together. I have been a long time Nero user (as it has met my needs) but Nero 9 was a major setback for users.

There are many things you can do with VLC, imgburn and many others (which are free and excellent). Also make sure you always use quality media (Verbatim or TY - always Verbatim for DL media). You might also want to take a look at a thread regarding Nero & Roxio.

http://imgburn.com/

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f59/roxio-creator-2009-a-254726/

how can I delete these read only video_ts files? when I try to,I get a cant delete-read only files cant be deleted message. the files are some movies I recorded on my dvr and tried to copy to dvd disc.they are taking up alot of space on my computer and I want to get rid of them but cant. Thanks!

It looks like some software has a hold on them.
Turn computer off, wait 5-10 seconds and star-up again.
Delete the files without opening them. Use Explorer to find them.

If you’ve had them on your machine for several days and still can’t delete, try right-clicking on each file. They might have been set for “read only”. Change that setting and you should be able to delete.

If the above doesn’t do it, try unlocker. The link is for XP. If you have a different OS, search for the appropriate version.