Video stuttering while playing Blu-Ray DVD (LG GGW-H20L)

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the LG GGW-H20L. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda] My issue is that my video stutters while playing a Blu-Ray DVD on my computer.  I have a requiremnt question. more specifically is my AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200 CPU adequate? The LG #GGW-HD20L CPU req. is Intel Pentium D 3.2GHz or Equivelent  Here’s my Set-Up: CPU- AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200 dual core 4 GB of DDR RAM Vid Card - RADEON X1900XT 512 MB GDDR3 GPU OS - VISTA HOME PREM Blu-Ray Drive - GGW-HD20L Â

Your system (CPU and Video card) is more than enough to playback blu-ray. I suspect incompatibility with the SATA on your motherboard.

What is your motherboard and on which SATA port you plug in the LG drive?

My MB is a ASUS A8V-SE, but not sure how to determine which SATA port that it’s plugged into?
Sorry, any suggestions?
thanks,

[QUOTE=dburges5;2097515]My MB is a ASUS A8V-SE, but not sure how to determine which SATA port that it’s plugged into?
Sorry, any suggestions?
thanks,[/QUOTE]

Open device manger, View devices by Connection and find were your BD-drive falls under.

As far as I know the X1900XT does not support Blu-Ray decoding offload. The processor you have is right on the limit for decoding Blu-Ray using just the CPU when you dont have a graphics card that can help.

For a quick test, when playing back a blu-ray file open up task manager and take a look at the processor load, if its really high (80%+) then you will need to look at either upgrading the processor or buying a newer video card that supports Blu-Ray offloading.

[quote=dburges5;2097515]My MB is a ASUS A8V-SE, but not sure how to determine which SATA port that it’s plugged into?
Sorry, any suggestions?
thanks,[/quote]
Your motherboard A8V-E SE has 2 SATA ports but all of them are VIA chipset and I suspect this is the issue. The VIA chipset has been reported as troublesome for many optical drive including DVD and Blu-ray drives. You might want to buy/try PCI SATA controller as an alternative.

Please try updating to firmware Y05. It solved the same problem on my computer.