Video Size of 720x480 HD (DVD to Mobile)

Hi,

Wow!!!..New layout at this forum…I thought I was at the wrong place.

Anyway, I have a PMP which is a Generic brand, I want to know if it is possible to have video Size of 720x480 HD, when converting DVD to Mobile with “avi” format

The GENERIC features in DVDFAB does not seems to have any one that is close to the above.

Thank you for your help again.

720x480 is NTSC DVD standard size. Both divide by 16. So XviD or MPEG4 should be able to be encoded at that ratio. But DVD pixels aren’t square. That’s why 640x480 is usually used in Xvid. If FAB doesn’t support 720x480, you may have to use another program to encode it.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2460819]720x480 is NTSC DVD standard size. Both divide by 16. So XviD or MPEG4 should be able to be encoded at that ratio. But DVD pixels aren’t square. That’s why 640x480 is usually used in Xvid. If FAB doesn’t support 720x480, you may have to use another program to encode it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. But I liked to use DVDFAB to encode it…a lot faster.

I was thinking if there is any way to create a NEW profile for the particular PMP I have. ( I am not too sure if that is possible).

Creating at 640x480 will be okay too

Thank you again

Unless you intend to use the PMP to display to the TV, you are wasting file size and time to encode going with a higher frame resolution than the device can display. If the native resolution on the device is 640x480 that’s all you are going to see - period.