Video repeats after selecting play from menu

vbimport

Hello,

I downloaded the free trial of DVDFab several weeks ago (version 5.0.6.0). I have been successful at backing up 3 movies but recently I have been having trouble. I use the customize split function when copying and I am burning to DVD-R’s. Also, I use the VSO burning engine and either packet or SAO writing, both have worked for me. When I backup discs I try to keep it as close to the original disc as possible, previews and other items included. I don’t use any compression and just split the disc at whatever chapter is needed. Lately the first disc has been playing fine through the previews and up to the menu. After I select play movie from the menu the first part of the video starts to play, usually the movie studio images. The video only plays for 2-3 seconds and then starts over. It repeats this cycle over and over again. The timer on the player does not count. If I fast forward at 8x it will break the cycle and go further into the chapter. I then can rewind to the beginning, which is actually at the 2-3 second mark. From there the movie will play fine all the way through.

The configuration settings are pretty much default except for the read section. I set retry to 10 and skip sectors to 0. I had to do this because I constantly get the ask/retry/ignore read message. When it was at default, the skipped sectors caused sporatic pixelation on the screen.

Sorry for the long post. I wanted to add as much detail as possible. Thanks for taking the time to review my issue.

P.S. I only have 3 days left on the trial and I would like to get this fixed because I like the program and want to purchase it.

the first disc will not go past the menu? press play and loops back to menu? correct?

It starts to go past the menu but just repeats the first 2-3 seconds of the main title video over and over. When I fast forward it goes past it.

Thanks

Oh yeah, it doesn’t go back to the menu. Just the first 2-3 seconds over and over.

and this is with 5060? have you tried 5082 beta? can you post an INFO screen of one of the original dvds, with pathplayer enabled, which causes this behavior?

have you tried in other dvd players or in computer?

No. I figured since I was successful with several newer releases there shouldn’t be any reason these movies wouldn’t work.

can you post the INFO screen and try to play in other players?

I can try to post an info screen. Not exactly sure how to do it but I’m sure I can figure it out.

The disc worked fine in 2 PC’s and 1 older DVD player. It’s wierd because the older player usually doesn’t want to play archived discs from this program. I used to use another program from the company that got sued and that player played those discs fine.

My other 2 players have never had a problem with any disc except these 2 recent ones.

I can try to post an info screen. Not exactly sure how to do it but I’m sure I can figure it out.

go to settings, highlight all the data, right click, click copy

in a reply post right click and click paste

The disc worked fine in 2 PC’s and 1 older DVD player.

so it seems dvdfab is producing a correctly authored dvd, just for some reason those players dont like the disc??

are you using any of the navigation options? do you have pathplayer enabled?

Is this what you are looking for or do I need to go through the copying and burning process?

Info for drive [E:] (DVDFab Platinum 5.0.6.0)
Drive region: 1

Disc type: Video DVD
Disc region: 1
Volume name: INTERPRETER
Video standard: NTSC
Layer 0 size: 2084768 sectors (4071 MBytes)
Layer 1 size: 2084768 sectors (4071 MBytes)

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is removed!
RC (Region Code) protection is removed!
RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
APS (Analog Protection System) protection is removed!
UOPs (User Operation Prohobitions) protection is removed!

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
Invalid CELLs protection is removed!
Invalid VOBUs protection is removed!
Fake vts protection is not found!
Bad sector protection is not found!
Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is not found.

PathPlayer is enabled!
Unplayable cell is not found.

I tried it with and without but only for disc 2. Those buttons seem quirky though. If you do something to one disc it stays for the other disc and when you try to change it and switch to the other disc it comes back. The only one I used was jump to main title for disc 2.

2005 release DVDFab should have no problems with this one.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373926/dvd

i know you want to keep the dvd original as possible. maybe just for trial try using the jump to main title when disc is inserted.

edit//

Those buttons seem quirky though. If you do something to one disc it stays for the other disc and when you try to change it and switch to the other disc it comes back. The only one I used was jump to main title for disc 2.

not for me??

and disc 2 is the disc which works fine? maybe this will work for disc 1 as well?

Should I have pathplayer enabled always? It usually asks and then I select restart to activate it. I had it always selected at one point but then it seemed like for some movies the preview window was in fast speed and there was no preview audio. So I set it back to if needed.

some users like disabled some like enabled, few like enable when necessary. me, pathplayer always enabled.

for some movies the preview window was in fast speed and there was no preview audio

be sure the dvdfab preview is set for DirectShow and DVDFab Decoders. i have not noticed this behavior. however i have the preview turned off. unless i want to see it, then i click the up arrow on the bottom left, and since the inclusion of the DVDFab decoders i have not noticed any errors with the preview. but as stated i dont always use it.

if the setting of jump to main title works for you? then yes :slight_smile: always enable pathplayer!

Cool, I’ll give it a try. I am going away for a few days and my trial will expire before I get a chance to experiment with what we spoke about. If I download the newest trial version will I get 30 more days to experiment. I really want to purchase the program so I can stay current on the new versions but I want to make sure it is going to consistently work for me.

when you trial is over the trial is over…sorry.

i know that you are set on using split mode and keeping all the extras. but i do not want to keep all the extras, i use main movie [sometimes customize] and can say i have had over a 99% success rate [with non-scratched dvds] and this less than one percent was corrected with the next release of dvdfab.

have a safe trip.

Ok. Thanks for the help!