Video freeze during playback

vbimport

hello all, i’m a long-time music trader used to trading discs copied via my tascam, microboard, or hhb. i just started archiving movies. i have used both dvdx copy platinum and recently 1click dvd copy. my internal burner is the unit that came with my computer: hp 100j. recently i archived an episodic dvd and using either program, i found there were just a couple of places (in the entire 2 hour disc copies) that had a slight video freeze. the audio continues but the video will freeze momentarily and then resume. they occured at different places in each burn using the different softwares. it led me to believe i might just try a different burner so i bought (but haven’t yet installed) a plextor 716a. is this a common problem? is it generally the burner? the media? or the program? or are there slight imperfections in all burns due to other factors such as the amount of compression, etc? since i am new to this i always use the path of least resistance and always do the simple burn that adds the most compression but transfers everything on the master dvd. i haven’t yet selected just the movie to get less compression. i just discovered this forum. i imagine i’m asking redundant questions but thanks for giving a newbie help…or for guiding me to where i can get specific answers. i posted this at the newbie forum and no one replied

thanks for your help

alan

thread closed for crossposting.