Video files damaged after partition resize & move

Hi there, I have just resized the 3 partitions I have in my HDD. For doing this I used Partition Magic, and during the process I had an HDD I/O error. I aborted and resumed the process and it finished OK.

The problem is that ALL the video files (and ONLY the video files) showed an “Empty video track” error message on play. I have passed an intensive HDD check with Tune Up Utilities to find any errors, but nothing was found.

I just opened a few video files with notebook, and there are missed strings belonging to email addresses, system paths… all around the file content…

Any idea if I can fix this files???

Thanks everyone

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=escorpinido;2271194]Hi there, I have just resized the 3 partitions I have in my HDD. For doing this I used Partition Magic, and during the process I had an HDD I/O error. I aborted and resumed the process and it finished OK.[/quote]I guess, you made a backup before - as recommended in the Partition Magic documentation.

The problem is that ALL the video files (and ONLY the video files) showed an “Empty video track” error message on play. I have passed an intensive HDD check with Tune Up Utilities to find any errors, but nothing was found.

I just opened a few video files with notebook, and there are missed strings belonging to email addresses, system paths… all around the file content…

Any idea if I can fix this files???
Restore your backup.
It’s not only the videos, also other files are affected. Otherwise, there weren’t mail addresses and other things in the former video files.

You may have a look at PC Inspector File Recovery. Read the FAQ and the manual before you use that software.
You need to install Windows on a new HDD, then try to get the data from the old one.

Michael