Video Extraction Software

Hello everyone.

The thing i’m trying to do is extract the main audio and video from a dvd without keeping all the other junk intact that goes along with it. This is really frustrating, as I have been using dvdshrink to back-up my dvd’s, but when it creates a copy of it on my comp the main video will be broken up into several different pieces, and sometimes portions of the main video will be connected to the dvd menu, etc. Is there any programs out there that will allow me to back-up the dvd’s and will keep only the main video/audio, and not the rest of the crud? Thx for your time:iagree:

I love DVD Shrink, however, have you tried a newer backup app like DVDFab?..
By “different pieces” can you elaborate please…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2235562]I love DVD Shrink, however, have you tried a newer backup app like DVDFab?..
By “different pieces” can you elaborate please…[/QUOTE]

I would follow the above advice, because as stated DVD Shrink is a great program but it is no longer updated which could be causing some of the problems you are having. DVDFab is constantly updated to keep pace with the newer copy protection schemes and it also allows you to choose to copy the movie only. :slight_smile:

–The one thing that I forgot to add…if by different pieces you are referring to the 1gb .vob files, then you can change the output files in DVD Shrink to be a single .vob as opposed to being broke up.

Ty guys, fab sounds like it should work!