Video Editor questions

vbimport

Is there support planned for subtitles in the near future?
It would be a great addition…:bigsmile:
Also,Video Editor is visually pleasing,but not easy on the old eyes, some new color schemes to choose from for the program’s layout would be nice…:iagree:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2725719]Is there support planned for subtitles in the near future?
It would be a great addition…:bigsmile:
Also,Video Editor is visually pleasing,but not easy on the old eyes, some new color schemes to choose from for the program’s layout would be nice…:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Hi Roadworker, sorry for the late reply.

Acutally both Wondershare Video Editor and Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate supports the subtitle feature, please check the tutorial here.

BTW, are you using the latest version of our Video Editor?

THX for the reply…I see that there’s support for srt, .ssa, and .ass,but is .sub and .sub+.idx also supported?
I use the latest version…:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2725865]THX for the reply…I see that there’s support for srt, .ssa, and .ass,but is .sub and .sub+.idx also supported?
I use the latest version…:)[/QUOTE]

You are welcome;)
the .sub and .sub+.idx are not supported for now. Sorry for that. And I will talk with our Tech team about this and get back to you soon.

[QUOTE=WS_Christine;2725867]the .sub and .sub+.idx are not supported for now. [/QUOTE]

Ah,I see…that’s why I couldn’t get my little project working…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=WS_Christine;2725867] And I will talk with our Tech team about this and get back to you soon.[/QUOTE]

THX for the fine support!:flower:
I know that .sub + .idx can be converted,so maybe I convert to a .txt based subtitle for now,but native support for image-based subtitles would be great…:iagree:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2725871]Ah,I see…that’s why I couldn’t get my little project working…:bigsmile:

THX for the fine support!:flower:
I know that .sub + .idx can be converted,so maybe I convert to a .txt based subtitle for now,but native support for image-based subtitles would be great…:iagree:[/QUOTE]

It seems the .sub & .idx are not in the schedule for now, really sorry for that. But i would keep you guys updated about this problem if I got any further news. Thanks for your kindly understanding.

[QUOTE=WS_Christine;2726810]It seems the .sub & .idx are not in the schedule for now[/QUOTE]

OK…THX for the info,Christine.:slight_smile:
But I have another question now…:stuck_out_tongue:
In record mode,I can capture the videostream fine from my vcr,but the audio doesn’t work,although I can select the correct source driver from the dropdown list.
In VirtualDub and and Nero Video record mode,the sound is fine,with the same audiodriver selected.:confused:

In device manager,the audiosource driver name is PCTV EMP Audio Device and it’s an audiodriver for THIS usb video grabber…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2729223]OK…THX for the info,Christine.:slight_smile:
But I have another question now…:stuck_out_tongue:
In record mode,I can capture the videostream fine from my vcr,but the audio doesn’t work,although I can select the correct source driver from the dropdown list.
In VirtualDub and and Nero Video record mode,the sound is fine,with the same audiodriver selected.:confused:

In device manager,the audiosource driver name is PCTV EMP Audio Device and it’s an audiodriver for THIS usb video grabber…[/QUOTE]

That sounds too professional problem here:sad:, I guess you can submit the request in our Support Center here: http://support.wondershare.com/, really sorry I can not help.:frowning:

@ roadworker , I had a similar device from Roxio that didn’t work with any software at least on Vista . I never tried it with a newer OS . It’s software also caused other problems. It also was a pain to completely remove.

For me the best way has been to use a “good” VHS player to a standalone DVD recorder . If it is a commercial movie VHS . I have a GREX to run it through. S-video cables seem to have the best results. I don’t have an S-VHS player . That would have slightly better quality.
Since the quality isn’t going to be better than VHS it is never going to look like a rip from a DVD does.

[QUOTE=WS_Christine;2729344] really sorry I can not help.:([/QUOTE]

No worries,Christine!:flower:

[QUOTE=cholla;2729375]@ roadworker , I had a similar device from Roxio that didn’t work with any software at least on Vista . I never tried it with a newer OS . It’s software also caused other problems. It also was a pain to completely remove.[/QUOTE]

Well…you’ve should’ve known better,cholla…buying a ROXIO product!!:eek: (j/k ;):bigsmile:)
But on a serious note,I don’t have such failures,it’s only VideoEditor that has probs with the sound capture…every other capture program I tried so far works.
So,it’s no big deal,it just would’ve been handier to capture and edit with the same software…

[QUOTE=cholla;2729375]For me the best way has been to use a “good” VHS player to a standalone DVD recorder .[/QUOTE]

I know cholla,but my Samsung DVD-HR734 doesn’t read or write dvd’s anymore…lens is clean,so that isn’t the problem unfortunately…:frowning:

[QUOTE=cholla;2729375]If it is a commercial movie VHS . I have a GREX to run it through.[/QUOTE]

I bought 1 several weeks ago,on recommendation from Macrovision3500,for other tasks,and I still have my dinosaur videostabilizer from the mid 90’s working,so I’m pretty much covered in that area…;):iagree:

I thought I was getting a “good” deal on the Roxio.
As it turned out it goes with the old saying “the cheap comes out expensive”.
The problem I’ve had is the VCR players in my newer Magnavox combo units were very poor quality as far as wearing out is concerned. They stop if the VHS tape is the least bit hard to turn.
Fortunately my old InsigniaNS-DRVCR combo has a “good” quality VCR but still standard instead of S-VHS . So fewer lines of resolution.
My preferred DVD recorder for this is a Poloroid DRM-2001G .
I think I get as good a result as if I used a video capture device to a computer.
One reason for both is it’s a bit tricky to connect a GREX to work on just a combo unit . There are instructions on the GREX site for some combo units.
Since I have both it’s easier with separate units.