Video Editing SW

vbimport

G’day
Is there any SW that would chop off unwanted bits of video clips? I have 13 technical clips that I’d like to remove the starting introduction as it is the same in all 13 clips and join them together. I use VinAvi to join them.

Thanks

John

Depending on the format, you could use AviDemux for this. It works very well for avi files, but is not frame accurate when cutting mpeg files.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2578382]Depending on the format, you could use AviDemux for this. It works very well for avi files, but is not frame accurate when cutting mpeg files.[/QUOTE]
I believe AviDemux only cuts on ‘I’ frames and would have the same limitation for AVIs too. If you need frame accurate AVI cutting, I’d use VirtualDub with smart rendering. If half a second or so accuracy is OK then AviDemux is the way to go.

AviDemux has Smart Copy if you are cutting a file in Copy mode and do not select an I frame as the end point. It will ask if you want to use Smart Copy to “fix” the broken frames. This only works on certain, supported codecs like divx or xvid as far as I know. Any time AviDemux asks if you want to use Smart Copy, say yes.

AviDemux is not very good with mpeg files though. It has been known to cause video/audio sync problems when cutting. Better to use VideoRedo or one of the Womble programs for that.

I stand corrected. Didn’t know AviDemux added that.

G’day
Thank you for your answers. The files are .FLV but they can be easily converted into , AVI.

Thanks guys. I used VirtualDub-1.9.11, it wasn’t hard to get the know how. The dirst time I got an 18.5GB file from a 98MB file. I had the wrong compression setting. finally got 96.2MB. :clap::bow:

[QUOTE=redback5;2578629]Thanks guys. I used VirtualDub-1.9.11, it wasn’t hard to get the know how. The dirst time I got an 18.5GB file from a 98MB file. I had the wrong compression setting. finally got 96.2MB. :clap::bow:[/QUOTE]
I believe you can use direct stream copy and smart rendering and only the edges of what you cut will get re-encoded.

I’ll try that, too.

Thanks