Video editing software question

vbimport

Hello,

What would be an easy to use video editing software package? I’m using Nero 9 and it is difficult to me.

Thanks

ASUS M4A78T-E AM3
AMD Phenom II X4 2.6Ghz CPU
DDR3 2GB Ram. 640GB 7200RPM Sata.

A couple of questions: What is your budget? Do you want to do more than simple cutting/joining?

AviDemux is free and very good :slight_smile:

btw, if you don’t know what to do, any video editing software will be not easy to use.

What do you want to do exactly? Some software are better than other for some purposes :slight_smile:

Mostly cut and join is exactly right. I’m going to try ULead DVD movie factory trial and see if it’s OK. Thanks.

If Ulead proves to be too much for simple tasks, depending on you input file type (avi, mpg, flv, etc) Windows Movie Maker might suffice. Let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

There is Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere Elements, Sony Vegas (the non-professional one), Ulead Studio, Pinnacle Studio. I’ve used all of these and they all do a decent job. There are many more which may do good jobs as well. I like Vegas professional for doing complex stuff, but for quick and simple stuff, I will use Ulead Studio 11 or Pinnacle Studio 12 and get great results…

Im pretty set in my ways with Sony Vegas.

its not nearly as expensive as some other products while offering the majority of the same ability. It has a few short comings but they are very few IMO. If you get the right version or the right discount its fairly priced.

If you are just experimenting though or have basic products I would just try the free windows movie maker editors.

No matter what you choose to go with it would be wise to perhaps google and youtube for some tutorials to get started as there are sometimes some very simple basics that are easy to over look that make a huge difference in your ability to properly and efficiently use the program.

Once you have those basics down, then you can start to really self learn just by using the program and messing around with it some.

[QUOTE=ViciousXUSMC;2593999]Im pretty set in my ways with Sony Vegas.

its not nearly as expensive as some other products while offering the majority of the same ability. It has a few short comings but they are very few IMO. If you get the right version or the right discount its fairly priced.

If you are just experimenting though or have basic products I would just try the free windows movie maker editors.

No matter what you choose to go with it would be wise to perhaps google and youtube for some tutorials to get started as there are sometimes some very simple basics that are easy to over look that make a huge difference in your ability to properly and efficiently use the program.

Once you have those basics down, then you can start to really self learn just by using the program and messing around with it some.[/QUOTE]
100% agree on tutorials. I’ve fought with programs for weeks and not gotten anywhere. Then I do a few hours of tutorials and life is good.