Video DVD copies can only be read by the burner itself!

Hi. Frankly, I don’t know if this is a CloneDVD issue, and I’m uncertain as to which forum this topic really belongs in (it could be the Plextor one).

I have a Plextor PX716A FW1.06, and I use AnyDVD 2.1.0.9 and CloneDVD 3.0. I copied two movies (a total of three Video DVDs), and it turned out I can only watch them on my PC. I tried both an “average” DVD player and a Playstation 2: it both cases, the discs could not be read. It doesn’t seem like this is a media issue to me - at least the PS2 would’ve struggled, given noises, before giving up. I’m compelled to believe this is either an application software (AnyDVD & CloneDVD) issue or a hardware one (either a physical characteristic or a firmware issue).

I’ve only very recently (try last Saturday :P) started burning DVDs, so I haven’t actually experimented with lots of DVD-R of different brands. I hope someone here can shed some light into this matter. Thanks.

Wrong product.

Olli, maybe you should get them to make one of those “read first” messages at the top that says Clone DVD 3.X has nothing to do with Elby or Slysoft.