Video Downloaders

vbimport

Not a newbie but didn’t know where else to post this question, i am looking for a program to download video from any website not just youtube. Currently i use “4K Video Downloader” but it only captures youtube videos. does anybody know a program that exists? Thanks!

There are a number of programs to choose from, but unfortunately you have to be careful on installing many of them, as they come with “optional” programs as well in the installers. Always choose to do a custom installation and be very careful not to allow anything else.

Freemake Video Downloader is one such program, and you certainly have to be careful with it.

Video DownloadHelper is an add-on for Firefox browser, so it is a safer choice, and VSO is a reputable company that has a downloader program, which you can see here: http://www.vso-software.fr/products/downloader/vso-downloader.php?ap=avangate&aid=675

I haven’t used such a program for quite a while now, but the last one for me was the Video DownloadHelper extension for Firefox.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2763919]There are a number of programs to choose from, but unfortunately you have to be careful on installing many of them, as they come with “optional” programs as well in the installers. Always choose to do a custom installation and be very careful not to allow anything else.

Freemake Video Downloader is one such program, and you certainly have to be careful with it.

Video DownloadHelper is an add-on for Firefox browser, so it is a safer choice, and VSO is a reputable company that has a downloader program, which you can see here: http://www.vso-software.fr/products/downloader/vso-downloader.php?ap=avangate&aid=675

I haven’t used such a program for quite a while now, but the last one for me was the Video DownloadHelper extension for Firefox.[/QUOTE]
Well i haven’t tried “Freemake Video Downloader” but i did try the Firefox add-on and it didn’t work. I just tried downloading VSOs program (i already have a version of there ConverterXtoDVD 5) software so i thought i would give it a try and no luck. I also have a paid subscription to RealTimes and there video downloader which will not capture the video from the website i am looking at. I also have VLC which seems to never work.

I am willing to pay providing the software works, but for now its getting very frustrating, thank you for responding!

Hi, try Wm capture 8 , I have it and it works well.

http://wmrecorder.com/products/wm-capture/

[QUOTE=mosis14;2763957]Hi, try Wm capture 8 , I have it and it works well.

http://wmrecorder.com/products/wm-capture/[/QUOTE]

I am kind of fed up of downloading all these products just to find out they don’t work and having to uninstall them. This is not good for my registry loading it up with useless registry entries. I tried messaging them first to see what they can tell me, thanks!

Internet Download Manager downloads everything from any site.

Its an excellent download manager. :iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2764015]Internet Download Manager downloads everything from any site.

Its an excellent download manager. :iagree:[/QUOTE]
Your right Alan it worked, and your the man, thank you so much!

[QUOTE=Chala;2764031]Your right Alan it worked, and your the man, thank you so much![/QUOTE]
You are very welcome, nice to have you here, welcome.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2764015]Internet Download Manager downloads everything from any site.

My 1st choice since 2010!..:iagree:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2764035]My 1st choice since 2010!..:iagree:[/QUOTE]
You “me” or IDM RW? :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

But from the website it sounds more like if you plan to keep using it you will have to pay for it.

[QUOTE=Chala;2763970]I am kind of fed up of downloading all these products just to find out they don’t work and having to uninstall them. This is not good for my registry loading it up with useless registry entries. I tried messaging them first to see what they can tell me, thanks![/QUOTE]
Did you try Free Download Manager?

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2764123]But from the website it sounds more like if you plan to keep using it you will have to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

OP didn’t request a freebie…:wink:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2764137]OP didn’t request a freebie…;)[/QUOTE]

and we all know that the 24.99 is a deal for what IDM does, and it does it well.

I go with you guys on this one, Free is cool, but if something actually works, it is worth you and my support, free or not. It is that simple really.
One freeware receives $100 each year from me as i think it is worth it, no name given. I do receive early notifications and personal contact with the developer in return :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2764144]I go with you guys on this one, Free is cool, but if something actually works, it is worth you and my support, free or not. It is that simple really.[/QUOTE]

Indeed,and while there are great free downloadmanagers,like Jdownloader or FreeDownloadManager,ATM,IDM is the most frequently updated multimedia grabber…:bigsmile:
I remember the times when FlashGet,GetRight and Wget were big,but now IDM is king for grabbing online video’s…:bow:

Totally off topic:
I still love your tagline roadworker, quite an expressive one to encompass all, hard to get any better as I see it. Mine is intellectually yours as it could mean anything, however it is really a dedication to whoever does something great out here, including my own contribution which in time should amount to something out here in the open :wink:
I will be ‘citing’ yours from time to time when I see it fit, but please do not let it keep you from replying to threads will you…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2764137]OP didn’t request a freebie…;)[/QUOTE]
No, last I read there was only one OP…I rather give them options then limit them.

[QUOTE=Chala;2763920]I am willing to pay providing the software works, but for now its getting very frustrating, thank you for responding![/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with paying for something that works. I had no problems using FDM. Only way you know if it work is to try it the your sites your looking to use it on and if it works then good if not then go to the next one.

an alternative to the “4k video downloader” from the start post is the “video download helper”. its available as an plug-in for many browsers and works pretty good, and its free.

I love this software :X