Video Converter for Nook Color

vbimport

Given the popularity of the NC, will there be a video conversion option specifically for that device? The optimal settings are supposed to be: MP4, 848×480, H.264 codec, 1500kbps avg bitrate, AAC 48KHz 160Kbps according to what I’ve read. I have found that 3gp comes out grainy and mp4 can be a crap shoot. If it works it’s pretty good, but it would sure be easier to just pick an option that has been tested, i.e., ipad/iphone, psp, etc… Any thoughts? Thx. :cool:

[QUOTE=my2cents;2586946]Given the popularity of the NC, will there be a video conversion option specifically for that device? The optimal settings are supposed to be: MP4, 848×480, H.264 codec, 1500kbps avg bitrate, AAC 48KHz 160Kbps according to what I’ve read. I have found that 3gp comes out grainy and mp4 can be a crap shoot. If it works it’s pretty good, but it would sure be easier to just pick an option that has been tested, i.e., ipad/iphone, psp, etc… Any thoughts? Thx. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Just contact their support and ask them? I know they do come and see the replies here but contacting them would be the first thing one should do that would get a faster response from them.

[QUOTE=my2cents;2586946]Given the popularity of the NC, will there be a video conversion option specifically for that device? The optimal settings are supposed to be: MP4, 848×480, H.264 codec, 1500kbps avg bitrate, AAC 48KHz 160Kbps according to what I’ve read. I have found that 3gp comes out grainy and mp4 can be a crap shoot. If it works it’s pretty good, but it would sure be easier to just pick an option that has been tested, i.e., ipad/iphone, psp, etc… Any thoughts? Thx. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Hi my2cents

Some members/users create their own profiles for their devices, since you know the best settings :smiley:

Just something to thank about :wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2586974]Hi my2cents

Some members/users create their own profiles for their devices, since you know the best settings :smiley:

Just something to thank about ;)[/QUOTE]

I would love to do that, since I also have a Nook Color, but unfortunately I do not know enough about the many options in the profiles to adjust more than 20% of them and I have not found a good source to find the information quickly. It is a very complex program and trial and error just isn’t feasable
without a lot of information.

I think I read there was a new profile onverter in the works, but I am not sure. I believe they asked for patience as they are doing a lot there. Hopefully there will be a guide or Wiki to explain the various options and which conflict with others.

In any case I would use a short trailer from a to test various options and fins the best settings the quickest.

Of course, DVDFab.com does have a forum you can try as well… There are a few comments on the NC in Profile (Sticky) under the ‘Ripper’ section.

To date I have not been able to create a file in DVDFab that works on my NC, only in Handbrake using the iphone/ipod touch profile. And the only files that did work from Handbrake had a .M4V rather than .MP4.