Video Converter and Blu-ray streams?

Hi…

I’m a longtime DVD Fab owner, and I’m now evaulating Video Converter.

When I select a stream from an unencrypted Blu-ray and convert it, the audio converts fine but the result just has black video. In the preview window you see the video (although its slow and quite pixelated).

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

I’m just trying to get an ipod version of a blu-ray movie

Thanks!

[QUOTE=stewie7669;2195794]Hi…

I’m a longtime DVD Fab owner, and I’m now evaulating Video Converter.

When I select a stream from an unencrypted Blu-ray and convert it, the audio converts fine but the result just has black video. In the preview window you see the video (although its slow and quite pixelated).

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

I’m just trying to get an ipod version of a blu-ray movie

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yup… Three things, actually.

1. You’re using a conversion program to try to un-encrypt a DVD. The files on the DVD can’t be used 'til they’re un-encrypted. Need a different program for that.

2. You’re using a file oriented program to attempt a DVD, which is, in essence, a bunch of files. This also won’t work.

3. You’re using (or trying to use) a video format for which the converter program isn’t set up to use.

To get around at least some of these issues, use DVDfab for the entire operation (almost). Potential problems with that method:

1. If the DVD you’re trying to do is a recent release, DVDFab won’t be able to handle it.

2. Once you get the DVD decrypted, you’ll need some utility to take all those BR bits, and convert them down to STD. format (I believe - if anyone knows another way, feel free to step in).

P.S. When you say Video Converter, I’m translating that as VideoFab - Correct?

O’C

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2196047]Yup… Three things, actually.

1. You’re using a conversion program to try to un-encrypt a DVD. The files on the DVD can’t be used 'til they’re un-encrypted. Need a different program for that.

2. You’re using a file oriented program to attempt a DVD, which is, in essence, a bunch of files. This also won’t work.

3. You’re using (or trying to use) a video format for which the converter program isn’t set up to use.

To get around at least some of these issues, use DVDfab for the entire operation (almost). Potential problems with that method:

1. If the DVD you’re trying to do is a recent release, DVDFab won’t be able to handle it.

2. Once you get the DVD decrypted, you’ll need some utility to take all those BR bits, and convert them down to STD. format (I believe - if anyone knows another way, feel free to step in).

P.S. When you say Video Converter, I’m translating that as VideoFab - Correct?

O’C

:)[/QUOTE]

Hi… these aren’t DVDs They are Blu-ray disks and they have been completely unencrrypted by AnyDVD-HD. I can copy the m2ts file right off the folder and play it on SageTV. Completely unencrypted.

Also, the file structure is completley different for a Blu-Ray than a DVD. A DVD movie is chopped into 2GB parts and needs to be brought back together. A Blu-ray movie is in a single m2ts file.

Yes, I meant Videofab. Sorry. I recall seeing on videofab that it would, indeed, handle m2ts files.

[QUOTE=stewie7669;2196103]Hi… these aren’t DVDs They are Blu-ray disks and they have been completely unencrrypted by AnyDVD-HD. I can copy the m2ts file right off the folder and play it on SageTV. Completely unencrypted.

Also, the file structure is completley different for a Blu-Ray than a DVD. A DVD movie is chopped into 2GB parts and needs to be brought back together. A Blu-ray movie is in a single m2ts file.

Yes, I meant Videofab. Sorry. I recall seeing on videofab that it would, indeed, handle m2ts files.[/QUOTE]

Sorry… thought I’d take a stab at the portion of your situation I thought I could help you with… you seem to have it under control as far as I’m concerned…

I don’t do any conversions myself, so I leave those questions for people who do… they’ll give you a better answer than I…Hang tight - someone will be along shortly…

O’C

:slight_smile:

hi,

I think your video stream in m2ts file must be vc1 ? we have fixed this problem, and will add it in the next beta version.

Thanks.

What are you trying to convert your m2ts file into, and why?

Just curious, since you can play your m2ts files as is why encode them?