Video card

On a GIGABYTE GeForce 8600GT 512MB DDR2 128bit PCIEx16 2xDVI TV-O , video card, can anyone tell me DVI-what or if they don’t say will it be DVI-I? PS I can’t find out from the supplier who it seems is only interested in orders. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Jrik;1939921]On a GIGABYTE GeForce 8600GT 512MB DDR2 128bit PCIEx16 2xDVI TV-O , video card, can anyone tell me DVI-what or if they don’t say will it be DVI-I? PS I can’t find out from the supplier who it seems is only interested in orders. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If the card had DVI connectors it will say it but if you not sure get the specs from the seller site and go and check gigabyte site on your particular board. And if that still doesn’t work out - stop buying from that seller as they aren’t willing to give you the correct information you want…that be my best advice go to another seller who is more willing to give more details spec on the board itself…

[QUOTE=Jrik;1939921]On a GIGABYTE GeForce 8600GT 512MB DDR2 128bit PCIEx16 2xDVI TV-O , video card, can anyone tell me DVI-what or if they don’t say will it be DVI-I? PS I can’t find out from the supplier who it seems is only interested in orders. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

There are basically two distinct types of DVI:

DVI-A carries analog signals.

DVI-D carries digital signals. Recent LCD monitors with DVI inputs use DVI-D.

DVI-I is a “universal” DVI connector on video cards which can accept DVI-D or DVI-A plugs. All DVI sockets on video cards are DVI-I so that they can be used with either a DVI-D cable or a DVI-to-VGA adapter.

DVI-D plugs will fit in DVI-D or DVI-I sockets.

Thanks, I supected it might’ve been DVI-I but it’s better to know for sure.