Video card upgrade advice needed for HP a6460t

Hello, just bought MS Flight Sim & am looking for advice on a video card upgrade. I have:
HP a6460t computer with Intel 2 Quad CPU @ 2.5 GHz, 4 GB RAM with 2 free DIMM slots & PCI & PCIexl expansion card slots (not sure what all this means!). Currently have a Intel GMA 3100 card & the Flight Sim software says I need a card that does DX10.

I am seeing I need something that fits the motherboard & doesn’t require more watts than my computer will deliver (besides meeting the needs of the new software). I am in over my head with all the specs on this stuff. Can anyone offer advice? I don’t want to spend more than, say about $150 on a card.

Thanks!!!:cool:

It looks like your PC only has a 300W PSU, I think a AMD 4770 will work okay with that, atleast its going to be a quality 300W psu and not junk like some of the other PC manufacturers. This card is 8.5 inches long, so before buying you will have to see that there is enough room to seat the card.
XFX HD-477A-YDFC Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card $110 FS and comes with a free game. If you get this card you can probably sell the crossfire bridge on ebay for $8-10.

What ever card you end up getting make sure you do not use the supplied drivers, instead go to the website (amd.com or nvidia.com) and get the latest drivers. Whatever’s on the disc will be old or junk.