Video Capturing Software

vbimport

I’ve bought an EasyCap USB dongle & want to copy over some VHS.

I’ve used the UleadVideoStudio software that came bundled, but capturing 10 minutes of video took 7.5gb.

I’m relatively tech savvy with PCs but this has left me a bit stumped.

My question is:

The video isnt brilliant quality anyway, but what’s the best program to be able to capture it, & not have a huge file to begin with?

Any suggestions, links gratefully recieved

Sounds like it’s capturing in uncompressed AVI. Is there an option in uLead to capture to a compressed file? If so, is your computer ‘beefy’ enough to compress on the fly? You may be able to use VirtualDub or VirtualVCR to capture. Check the list of tools over at VideoHelp.com.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2124496]Sounds like it’s capturing in uncompressed AVI. Is there an option in uLead to capture to a compressed file? If so, is your computer ‘beefy’ enough to compress on the fly? You may be able to use VirtualDub or VirtualVCR to capture. Check the list of tools over at VideoHelp.com.[/QUOTE]

I’m away from my home PC at the moment - & can’t remember the options given - needless to say it sounds like it is uncompressed.

I’ve seen many an AVI file about 700mb for a 90 min film - so straight away I could tell I had a problem with a 7gb file for 10 mins.

My PC is 3 years old - has 2gb memory - not exactly mediacentre material I know! :rolleyes: