Victory over DRM: Sony BMG joins Amazon MP3 shop

…Can you imagine how much hassle, time, and money could have been saved if the labels would have done this when Napster was shut down for the first time… :slight_smile:

I just posted the article Victory over DRM: Sony BMG joins Amazon MP3 shop.

Despite the major concerns the music industry had with releasing music free of DRM measures, the use of DRM free music has finally proven to be enough of a success for Sony BMG, the last remaining…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14065-Victory-over-DRM-Sony-BMG-joins-Amazon-MP3-shop.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14065-Victory-over-DRM-Sony-BMG-joins-Amazon-MP3-shop.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Mp3 lossy wow. What bitrate I wonder? Are you going to charge full price for lossy? When will people stop paying for this junk?

Well it is about time the idiots woke up to the fact they were damaging their own profits by being greedy and buying laws to increase their profits, not to mention the bad PR. Well I can say I did not buy (or download) any music since they started treating legitimate customers as criminals and trying to sell consumers a inferior product purely for greed. And I can also say those companies are on my blacklist and I will never buy any products from them in the future as I like to exercise my consumer power to those companies that treat me like a cash-cow. So long as consumers stand up to these companies we will always win in the end no matter how many laws and politicians they buy, it is only a matter of time, and maybe they will start to realise that fact.

Finally the voice of the consumer was actually heard and listened to… We won the music fight, the movie fight is just beginning…

“Finally the voice of the consumer was actually heard and listened to… We won the music fight, the movie fight is just beginning…” Not much of a victory as those outside the US are still fighting it. Amazon music = US only…