Vice City success but now I have a different problem

vbimport

I was able to make a successful backup of Vice City using Blindwrite 4.2.5, and it authenicates fine, but while playing the game with the cd in my liteon burner (odd that no Securom 4.X backups will work in any of my other drives) the game will freeze for about a sec when changing stations and at other times just randomly. The original, however, is fine. Any ideas why my backup might be doing this ? Maybe I burned too fast ? Or should I try the twinpeaks method on this one also ? TIA

Originally posted by TypeR189
I was able to make a successful backup of Vice City using Blindwrite 4.2.5, and it authenicates fine, but while playing the game with the cd in my liteon burner (odd that no Securom 4.X backups will work in any of my other drives) the game will freeze for about a sec when changing stations and at other times just randomly. The original, however, is fine. Any ideas why my backup might be doing this ? Maybe I burned too fast ? Or should I try the twinpeaks method on this one also ? TIA

i dont think its down to the burning speed. becuse all radio stations are installed to HDD and run from the HDD

unless you chose to run the radio stations from the CDR if thats the case then yes it could be becuse you burned to fast for the media and its struggling to pickup the data.

try other things like changeing the music options in the main menu to emulation or hardware . do not use miles fast 2d is sucks.

other than that i dunno what could be causeing the stuttering when changeing channels.
hope this helps. some what. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hi all

just done GTA vice city!

now i used the latest version of blindwrite v4.4b and used 24x speed on m litty 52x and also the BWA file from here!

now couple of things! the bwa file here is only for disc one! so i renamed it for disc 2 and burnt both discs with the one file! aut0play to!

all work fine! now on slow down i had this after using my puter for 8 hours so i rebooted and emptied the ram and WAMMY!

all fine!

thx…

It can’t be the game settings themselves can it ? It would make sense that if it was then the original would be choppy at times also. I think its something with the burn, but I don’t know what it could be. I also don’t understand why the play cd is accessed so often when I copied the music files to the hdd during installation. I dunno guys … this ones got me beat.

I don’t know could be the game is checking for the cd more than usual, make sure the cd is in the drive.

Originally posted by Rotary
the bwa file here is only for disc one! so i renamed it for disc 2 and burnt both discs with the one file!

the bwa is made for disc two since it’s the play disc :wink: there really was no need to rename it.

TypeR189,

I had the same problem as you with my twinpeak patched VC Play disk.

The trouble seems to be the drive taking too long to verify that the CD is authentic (it seems to check for the CD quite often), and so the burn is most likely the problem, or the drive not liking the patched CD very much. My Toshiba drive would not authenticate the CD for about 5 seconds or so causing the delays you described. My Lite-On writer worked with no stutters or delays at all, but the drive was working overtime (constant spinning) but the original play disk also did that too.

The no CD patch seems to work well though (Gamecopyworld), even though it’s a bit of a cop out! :wink:

Lazer.

My Vice City Play CD is ruined. All I was able to do was copy the direct files from the CD. I only have the data3 file and the Audio folder. Can anyone help me with moving these files in a format and possibly make a working VC Play CD with them? Thank You

hi,
uh, sound to me like you have made a bad backup earlier, used a no cd 'til now and now want to make a good copy? :cop:
if not so: i think this won’t be possible any more, since you dont have an image file directly from the original cd… but - you own it, yes?
if the original is ruined (scratched???), you can send it to the publisher of the game, pay 15 bucks or what and he will send you a new one.
but maybe you can try this, but i think it wont work: burn the file and the folder to a cd, make an image from the just burned cd, download a good bwa for the cd, use bw to burn the cd with the bwa file… but i think, it wont work… :wink:
greetz,
Raz

I have a question I had Linux and Xp on my pc then I reformatted and started over but I had vice city too it played fine I broke the play cd and can transfer all the files but FEVER.adf, can anyone help me get that file?